Windows 10: Windows 11 Navigation pane

Discus and support Windows 11 Navigation pane in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to make visible all contents of a folder subfolders, documents, links, everything visible in navigation pane of windows 11 ? Currently, it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iFreedom, Sep 16, 2022.

1. iFreedom Win User

Windows 11 Navigation pane

How to make visible all contents of a folder subfolders, documents, links, everything visible in navigation pane of windows 11 ? Currently, it shows only subfolders. Not all contents.

:)

iFreedom, Sep 16, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

3. AnnC6346 Win User
    Windows 10 Navigation Pane is blank after the new Windows 10 update

Followed the steps. It is checked, navigation pane not there.

AnnC6346, Sep 16, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Navigation pane

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Windows 11 Navigation pane :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Sep 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Navigation pane

1. Windows 11 Navigation pane - Similar Threads - Navigation pane

2. Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...: I've restored the favorites link in the file explorer navigation pane in Windows 10 with a registry tweak, however there is no arrow or dropdown menu effectively making it useless. I've done so much searching on how to fix this issue but it seems nobody else has ever come...
  3. How to hide the navigation pane in the file dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to hide the navigation pane in the file dialog: How to hide navigation pane in file open/save/save as dialog File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-the-navigation-pane-in-the-file-dialog/8a8f7cee-1138-46c9-8d21-4b6227fa9bf0
  4. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S: After Windows 10 was released the O/S stopped using Favorites also known as Links in the Navigation pane of file explorer and replaced it with Quick access.The issue with Quick Access is that it won't show the link if the linked folder is hidden. It would go away after the...
  5. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S: After Windows 10 was released the O/S stopped using Favorites also known as Links in the Navigation pane of file explorer and replaced it with Quick access.The issue with Quick Access is that it won't show the link if the linked folder is hidden. It would go away after the...
  6. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on slow IO devicesi.e. network drive.It shows nothing including fast physical drives until the IO device containing recent file/dirs responds.It should display only items from slow devices later,...
  8. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on slow IO devicesi.e. network drive.It shows nothing including fast physical drives until the IO device containing recent file/dirs responds.It should display only items from slow devices later,...
  9. file explorer doesn't open to this pc and NOT show this pc in navigation pane at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer doesn't open to this pc and NOT show this pc in navigation pane at the same time.: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language version 23H2.I want to set file explorer to open to 'this pc' instead of 'home'. I also want to deselect 'show this pc in navigation pane' option. The first can be done in the general tab of folder options and the second in the view...
  10. file explorer doesn't open to this pc and NOT show this pc in navigation pane at the same time.

file explorer doesn't open to this pc and NOT show this pc in navigation pane at the same time.: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language version 23H2.I want to set file explorer to open to 'this pc' instead of 'home'. I also want to deselect 'show this pc in navigation pane' option. The first can be done in the general tab of folder options and the second in the view...