Windows 10: Windows 11 network issue with hotspot

Discus and support Windows 11 network issue with hotspot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows version is the latest one, the hotspot can be connected to other devices, laptop can connect to other networks properly. When I turn on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CourG Li, Mar 5, 2024.

1. CourG Li Win User

Windows 11 network issue with hotspot

Windows version is the latest one, the hotspot can be connected to other devices, laptop can connect to other networks properly. When I turn on the hotspot with name " " only a space character there, Galaxy s23+ in case needed, my laptop can not connect to it. But after I changed the name to "test", my laptop XPS 15 9520 in case needed can connect to it. Are there any ways to fix this?

:)

CourG Li, Mar 5, 2024

2. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 5, 2024
  3. wifi hotspot connection issues

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us follow these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: You may run the Network Adapter troubleshooter to check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
    • Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
    • The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
    Once this is done, restart the PC and check the wifi hotspot connectivity.

Step 2: If the issue persists, then you may want to
    update the Network driver
    and check the status.

Step 3: You may also want to change the adapter settings.

• Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
    • Press ‘Windows key + I’ to open Settings and go to ‘Network and Internet’.
    • Scroll down the left pane and select ‘Mobile Hotspot’.
    • Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on ‘Change adapter options’.
    • Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to ‘Properties’.
    • Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 5, 2024
  4. Windows 11 network issue with hotspot

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Problem

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 5, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 network issue with hotspot

1. Windows 11 network issue with hotspot - Similar Threads - network issue hotspot

2. Windows 11 network issue with hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 network issue with hotspot: Windows version is the latest one, the hotspot can be connected to other devices, laptop can connect to other networks properly. When I turn on the hotspot with name " " only a space character there, Galaxy s23+ in case needed, my laptop can not connect to it. But after I...
  3. Windows 11 network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 network issue: I recently upgrade my Dell inspiron 3910's SSD from 256GB to 500GB, I used Acronis clone tool for crucial. when I booted for the first time the internet refused to work, it said the WIFI was connected but no internet connection. Also Microsoft store completely disappeared...
  4. Windows 11 network issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 network issues: Hi everyone,I upgraded my machine from Windows 10 to 11 not actually upgraded, I did a clean install on the same machine, and ever since then I have had issues with my network connection. I'm connected with a cable, not wifi.My adapter sometimes stops working...
  5. Microsoft Hotspot Windwos 11 Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Hotspot Windwos 11 Issues: Hey guys, i have this question.I am Running on ASUS ROG Laptop ALL drivers Updates to latest and Reinstalled and I have Ethernet Connected to my computer. NOW the MAIN problem is whenever I share my Hotspot trough "Mobile Hotspot" application by Ethernet my other devices has...
  6. Microsoft Hotspot Windwos 11 Issues

Microsoft Hotspot Windwos 11 Issues: Hey guys, i have this question.I am Running on ASUS ROG Laptop ALL drivers Updates to latest and Reinstalled and I have Ethernet Connected to my computer. NOW the MAIN problem is whenever I share my Hotspot trough "Mobile Hotspot" application by Ethernet my other devices has...
  7. Hotspot issues in Windows 11

Hotspot issues in Windows 11: Hi,This is my first post to this community so please forgive me if I did not follow anything. I have windows 11 Dell laptop. The Hotspot in my laptop is behaving weired. I am using a ethernet connection for internet. It is working fine. But when I am sharing this internet via...
  8. Hotspot issues in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotspot issues in Windows 11: Hi,This is my first post to this community so please forgive me if I did not follow anything. I have windows 11 Dell laptop. The Hotspot in my laptop is behaving weired. I am using a ethernet connection for internet. It is working fine. But when I am sharing this internet via...
  9. Mobile Hotspot Issue in Window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Issue in Window 11: After I update my window 10 to window 11. I'm not able to use internet on the other devices using the mobile hotspot feature. my mobile phone shows that it is connected but there is no internet....
  10. Mobile Hotspot Issue in Window 11

Mobile Hotspot Issue in Window 11: After I update my window 10 to window 11. I'm not able to use internet on the other devices using the mobile hotspot feature. my mobile phone shows that it is connected but there is no internet....