Windows 10: Windows 11 - newer driver version on Windows Update than the manufacturer's website?

Discus and support Windows 11 - newer driver version on Windows Update than the manufacturer's website? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Update just show me a newer version driver 22.160 to install for my Intel wifi 6 adapter. But Intel's website shows 22.150 as being the latest.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Monsieur Man, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Windows 11 - newer driver version on Windows Update than the manufacturer's website?

Windows Update just show me a newer version driver 22.160 to install for my Intel wifi 6 adapter. But Intel's website shows 22.150 as being the latest. I have 22.150 installed already.Where does this newer version come from?And is it safe to install?

:)

Monsieur Man, Aug 5, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

Trackmania Nations Forever white screen on windows 8.1

I just went to the Intel website to run a scan and it said the chipset driver was valid, it is the latest version.
    I don't want to install an older version.

P4-630, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Can not figure out how to download a driver at a Manufacturer"s website.

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Just visit the manufacturer website, enter the drivers you need download and install it, if its not compatible in Windows 10, I suggest you to install in compatible mode and check if it runs.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the touchpad pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the
      installation.
    Detailed Steps on how to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Redirecting

Hope this will fix the issue. If not, let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Aug 5, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 11 - newer driver version on Windows Update than the manufacturer's website?

Trackmania Nations Forever white screen on windows 8.1

I had downloaded it from the Intel website.
    What difference does it make?

P4-630, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - newer driver version on Windows Update than the manufacturer's website?

1. Windows 11 - newer driver version on Windows Update than the manufacturer's website? - Similar Threads - newer driver version

2. Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909: When installing a new version of Windows beyond 1909, such as Windows 11 or Windows 10 22H2, I encounter a glitch during the boot process when using a USB in legacy BIOS mode. This issue does not occur in Windows 10 versions 1909 or earlier...
  3. Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909: When installing a new version of Windows beyond 1909, such as Windows 11 or Windows 10 22H2, I encounter a glitch during the boot process when using a USB in legacy BIOS mode. This issue does not occur in Windows 10 versions 1909 or earlier...
  4. Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant update to newer version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update to newer version of Windows 11: I'm stuck on build 22621.463 and I cant update to 10.0.22622.601 ni_release nor I could to previous releases. I reset Windows Update components, but it didn't help and run sfc scannow + DISM. Installing goes to 45% and then I get Error – 0x80070002 and some others, which I...
  6. Cant update to newer version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant update to newer version of Windows 11: I'm stuck on build 22621.463 and I cant update to 10.0.22622.601 ni_release nor I could to previous releases. I reset Windows Update components, but it didn't help and run sfc scannow + DISM. Installing goes to 45% and then I get Error – 0x80070002 and some others, which I...
  7. Windows 11 - newer driver version on Windows Update than the manufacturer's website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - newer driver version on Windows Update than the manufacturer's website?: Windows Update just show me a newer version driver 22.160 to install for my Intel wifi 6 adapter. But Intel's website shows 22.150 as being the latest. I have 22.150 installed already.Where does this newer version come from?And is it safe to install?...
  8. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  9. updating to a newer version of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating to a newer version of windows: Hi all. I am having a real issue with my Asus Notebook that is driving me nuts. I keep getting a message that advises my current version of windows will soon be too old and will have support withdrawn so I was trying to update my notebook to a newer windows version. No...
  10. Graphics drivers with newer windows version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics drivers with newer windows version: I'm having problems with the newer version of windows trying to use my GTX 970 graphics card.. I've been having problems with it installing the drivers, so i used the Geforce experience game drivers and it installed it, but there was still problems with it. Its most likely...