Windows 10: Windows 11, Night light issue

Discus and support Windows 11, Night light issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have an issue with night light.So, to start off I use schedule option, it works fine but only one-way.It turns on without any issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Allison Ki, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Windows 11, Night light issue

Hello everyone, I have an issue with night light.So, to start off I use schedule option, it works fine but only one-way.It turns on without any issues at sunset, however, when I get on my pc at morning I typically leave it on all the time, its still on with night light and got to turn it off manually each day, it's a bit frustrating. Any idea as to how this could fixed?I'm on Windows 11, 21H2

:)

Allison Ki, Apr 27, 2022
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Apr 27, 2022
  3. No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Apr 27, 2022
  4. Nick Dich Win User

Windows 11, Night light issue

Night Light

Hi,

We recently have been receiving posts regarding Night Light after the Windows 10 Creators Update. To help you troubleshoot the issue regarding Night Light settings that are grayed out, we suggest to try to apply the steps provided by SurenderKhokhar
    on this thread:
    Cant use Night Light In Window 10

Kindly keep us posted for any feedback.

Nick Dich, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11, Night light issue

1. Windows 11, Night light issue - Similar Threads - Night light issue

2. Night light issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light issue: I have an issue with the NVIDIA T400 4GB card. It exhibits the exact issue as the Quadro 600 did. On a Windows 10 computer, after the Night light feature turns on which makes the screen reddish late in the day to mimic the natural evening sun color temperature, if my NEC...
  3. Night light issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light issue: I have an issue with the NVIDIA T400 4GB card. It exhibits the exact issue as the Quadro 600 did. On a Windows 10 computer, after the Night light feature turns on which makes the screen reddish late in the day to mimic the natural evening sun color temperature, if my NEC...
  4. Night light issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11, Night light issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Night light issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue with night light.So, to start off I use schedule option, it works fine but only one-way.It turns on without any issues at sunset, however, when I get on my pc at morning I typically leave it on all the time, its still on with night light and...
  6. issue with night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    issue with night light: Not able to use night light feature where i'm supposed to spend most hours in the night time which are reflecting in my eyes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-night-light/d00a19a9-8c77-45ea-ab8d-50f2811ebad7
  7. Night light issue

Night light issue: Night light is disabled and greyed out. I tried uninstalling graphics driver and restarting the PC but that didn't worked. Hence I'm seeking help here. Any kind of help will be appreciated !...
  8. Night Light Issue

Night Light Issue: Hi, I've been experiencing this problem for almost 2 years now. My night light is always on and when I want to turn it off in settings, it says it is already off. Also, I'm currently running the Windows 10 Version 1903. This is rather annoying, perhaps there's a solution...
  9. Night Light Issue

Night Light Issue: My night light is not working there might be any bug in my night light mode please help me out from this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-issue/ea100dca-2ba1-4473-b7c0-975ffc748e37
  10. night light issue

night light issue: though night light mode is off I am having the problem of screen warming red like night mode... so what should I do night mode is off yet getting its effect. during Day it is irritating....