Windows 10: windows 11 no longer shows number of drives in home

Discus and support windows 11 no longer shows number of drives in home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; in windows 10 when you grouped files by a parameter, it usually showed the number of files in that grouping.on the home this pc or my computer or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Altier Bale, Oct 2, 2022.

1. windows 11 no longer shows number of drives in home

in windows 10 when you grouped files by a parameter, it usually showed the number of files in that grouping.on the home this pc or my computer or whatever it's called now. this manifested in showing you how many drives were available.on windows 11 i can't get this number to show up. should be in the red area in the picture bellow

:)

Altier Bale, Oct 2, 2022
  2. Anak Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

windows 11 no longer shows number of drives in home [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, Oct 2, 2022
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Jerry8A, Oct 2, 2022
  4. windows 11 no longer shows number of drives in home

little cat, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

windows 11 no longer shows number of drives in home

1. windows 11 no longer shows number of drives in home - Similar Threads - longer shows number

2. Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager: So their was a windows 10 update last night. Updated and turned my PC off and went to bed. Turned on PC today to game a little before I go to a wedding. Now its missing in 'my computer' but shows up in device manager as working fine? Also the storage has shrunk massively! I...
  3. Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive no longer in explorer, shows in device manager: So their was a windows 10 update last night. Updated and turned my PC off and went to bed. Turned on PC today to game a little before I go to a wedding. Now its missing in 'my computer' but shows up in device manager as working fine? Also the storage has shrunk massively! I...
  4. windows 11 no longer shows number of drives in home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 no longer shows number of drives in home: in windows 10 when you grouped files by a parameter, it usually showed the number of files in that grouping.on the home this pc or my computer or whatever it's called now. this manifested in showing you how many drives were available.on windows 11 i can't get this number to...
  5. number of screens windows 11 home can connect to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    number of screens windows 11 home can connect to: i was wondering if anyone knew a way i could extend not duplicate from my laptop windows 11 home to 2 external screens i have an hdmi running between my primary external monitor and an hdmi to usbc cable for my secondary external but my laptop isn't registering the secondary...
  6. number of screens windows 11 home can connect to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    number of screens windows 11 home can connect to: i was wondering if anyone knew a way i could extend not duplicate from my laptop windows 11 home to 2 external screens i have an hdmi running between my primary external monitor and an hdmi to usbc cable for my secondary external but my laptop isn't registering the secondary...
  7. CD/DVD Drive no longer recognized as existing in Windows 10 Home

CD/DVD Drive no longer recognized as existing in Windows 10 Home: My CD/DVD Drive no longer shows up in device manager, disc manager, explorer window, etc. in Windows 10 Home. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  8. New computer no longer showing up on home network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New computer no longer showing up on home network: I had the same problem as this guy: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dhn601/cant_get_network_set_up_for_file_and_printer/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf I followed the instructions from u/JJisTheDarkOne & now my shared computer/drive is no...
  9. Removed mapped drive no longer showing in drive list for a new mapped drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removed mapped drive no longer showing in drive list for a new mapped drive.: I had a mapped network drive that was showing as disconnected and I tried the CMD (Admin) command mountvol /r which removed the mapped drive but now the drive that was causing the trouble no longer shows up in the list if drives I can mount. How do I get this drive back?...
  10. unlocked phone no longer shows up as drive?

unlocked phone no longer shows up as drive?: On W7 i had my nokia lumia 900 unlocked and could plug it into my pc via the usb and it showed up as another drive.this allowed me to add remove music files etc. since installing W10 it no longer shows up?Indeed w10 seems to be changing things that it wants without me okaying...