Windows 10: Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an xml file to edit - should...

Discus and support Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an xml file to edit - should... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just installed the latest Windows 11 patch and now my xml files show with a PDF image next to them. The application setting is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GlyndwrB, Sep 30, 2022.

1. GlyndwrB Win User

Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an xml file to edit - should...

I have just installed the latest Windows 11 patch and now my xml files show with a PDF image next to them. The application setting is set to automatically open with Code Writer so the image should be the Code Writer image not PDF. When I try to open it I get the error message "No such interface supported". I can open Code Writer and then open the file from within Code Writer.How can I fix this please. I am not very computer literate, so a step by step solution would be appreciated.

:)

GlyndwrB, Sep 30, 2022

2. Can't open, edit and save xml files

Hello

I have som xml files i want to edit, but for some reason my pc dont let choose what program i want to open the xml files with. It only show "open" and not "open with" (notepad). Then i forced it to open it with notepad by making it default for xml files.
    Then i was able to open the file and edit what i want, but when i wanted to "save" it acted as if i clicked "save as". It was like i didn't know where this file were coming from and what to do with it. When i try to find to correct place to save the file,
    i wont let me.

I'm really annoyed by this problem because it used to be so easy to edit and save xml file. Hope you can help me

-Simon Rønnow

simonrønnow, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Problem when opening a XML file

Hi Roberto - From another source I received a suggestion to open the offending file in Wordpad and to save it as an Office Open XML document which would have an extension of '.xml.doc' then remove the '.doc' part

That idea unfortunately hasn't worked for me. Having saved the file as suggested I then tried to open it. In Internet Explorer and MS Edge I get a completely blank page. In Notepad, Wordpad or Office XML Handler (which uses Notepad) I just get unintelligible
    "mumbo jumbo". In XML Notepad it states "Data at the root level is invalid Line 1 Position 1 and asks if I wish to open it using Notepad. Answering yes just results in "mumbo jumbo" as before.

The file only opens correctly in Word 2016, (i.e. showing all the elements etc.) but if I try to open any of the other XML files using Word, I get a message that "The file contains custom XML elements that are no longer supported in Word. Saving the fie will
    remove these elements permanently", and only the data for each element is shown for these files and there is no sign of the various elements themselves.

Don't know if any of the above gives some indication of what is wrong, but it's all very frustrating . Can't help feeling that it is something very simple! I would stress that the other four xml files used by the program all open properly in a Edge window

Peternosmas, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an xml file to edit - should...

I can not open the xml files with the xml editor

When I double click on a .xml file an error message is appearing that there is no appropriate program to open this kind of files. I tried to match the xml editor program with the files having a .xml extension and this didn't work too.

Please tell me a way to pair the xml file editor with the .xml extension files.

Aristoklis, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an xml file to edit - should...

1. Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an xml file to edit - should... - Similar Threads - such interface supported

2. Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an photo or video file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an photo or video file: whenever i open any photo or video from my windows 11 device it keeps saying no interface supported i have done all the dll stuff it didnt wrok please tell me what im supposed to do...
  3. Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an photo or video file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an photo or video file: whenever i open any photo or video from my windows 11 device it keeps saying no interface supported i have done all the dll stuff it didnt wrok please tell me what im supposed to do...
  4. no such interface supported when trying to open jpg files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no such interface supported when trying to open jpg files: No such interface supported when trying to open jpg files with windows photos after installing paint 3d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-such-interface-supported-when-trying-to-open/0a2f93df-43ca-4ecf-b9c7-bbc81ee83b6c
  5. "No such interface supported" when opening a Video file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No such interface supported" when opening a Video file: I am trying to open a video file, any type, but it always says " No such interface supported" I use VLC as default video player for MP4, MKV, AVI.....
  6. "No such interface supported" when opening a Video file

"No such interface supported" when opening a Video file: I am trying to open a video file, any type, but it always says " No such interface supported" I use VLC as default video player for MP4, MKV, AVI.....
  7. "No such interface supported" when opening file video mp4 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No such interface supported" when opening file video mp4 on Windows 11: This error happened to me, but didn't exist before I update to the 2H22 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-such-interface-supported-when-opening-file/3f2c7dfb-40fd-4e33-b59f-7abe94e7f321
  8. "No such interface supported" when opening file video mp4 on Windows 11

"No such interface supported" when opening file video mp4 on Windows 11: This error happened to me, but didn't exist before I update to the 2H22 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-such-interface-supported-when-opening-file/3f2c7dfb-40fd-4e33-b59f-7abe94e7f321
  9. No Such Interface Supported when trying to open a .jpg file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Such Interface Supported when trying to open a .jpg file: Since the most recent Windows 11 update yesterday, whenever I try to open a .jpg file I get the follwing message:NO SUCH INTERFACE SUPPORTED.Even if I tell it specifically to open with PHOTOS I get the same message.TIF files open just fine....
  10. Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an xml file to edit - should...

Windows 11 - "No such interface supported" error when opening an xml file to edit - should...: I have just installed the latest Windows 11 patch and now my xml files show with a PDF image next to them. The application setting is set to automatically open with Code Writer so the image should be the Code Writer image not PDF. When I try to open it I get the error message...