Windows 10: Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu

Discus and support Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded my motherboard, CPU and memory to meet the requirements based on Windows 11 approved list yet windows 10, PC Health Check and installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BillManrot, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu

I upgraded my motherboard, CPU and memory to meet the requirements based on Windows 11 approved list yet windows 10, PC Health Check and installing manually per Microsoft supports suggestions doesn't recognize my AMD Athlon 3000G processor as an approved CPU. Has Microsoft provided a fix for this yet? Any suggestions?Thanks

:)

BillManrot, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

CPU / CPU Processor problems / Processor affinity

We appreciate the information you provided. Your processor is working as expected. CPU affinity is only showing CPU (0) since 1 processor is working at the moment. It's very likely that your computer is using a balanced power plan, so we suggest changing
    your power plan to High Performance by following these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Choose High Performance.

In addition to that, we recommend installing the latest updates to keep your system current and secure. Go to
    Start > Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.

Some programs may also be automatically launching whenever you boot your computer, affecting the performance. To disable them, follow these steps:

• Right-click your taskbar.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Under the Startup tab, find the programs that you don't need.
    • Right-click the program and choose Disable.

You're also using your computer for a game that was designed to run on an earlier version of Windows, so it's possible that it's slowing down your computer. In this case, use the Compatibility Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with the program using
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose the program from the list and click Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 14, 2022
  3. pparks1 Win User
    Why can't my Processor meet requirement for a Win 11 Upgrade ???

It's because it's not the speed that matters, but rather the functionality that the CPU has baked into it for support of future updates and security measures that Microsoft may implement in the future.

The good news is
    1). Windows 11 isn't all that much different from Windows 10, so at present if you don't move to it, you aren't losing out on much
    2). Windows 10 is supported for another 4 years
    3). You can still install from the ISO on your unsupported processor and until additional functionality is added, you can run Windows 11 just fine and will be getting current updates.

pparks1, Jan 14, 2022
  4. yahanna Win User

Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu

Why can't my Processor meet requirement for a Win 11 Upgrade ???

I'm confused about a notification from Microsoft about upgrading to win 11. The notification said my PC doesn't meet a requirement which makes 0 sense. It says my CPU isn't on an approved list of CPUs. But my processor is crazy fast. How is this possible?

Below is a screenshot of what it claims I require although again it makes 0 sense. Can someone tell me if this is a joke from Microsoft or is this a mistake? Is win 11 all that and better than 10?

Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu [​IMG]

yahanna, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu

1. Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu - Similar Threads - accepting Athalon 3000G

2. Processor Approval for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Processor Approval for Windows 11: My HP Envy laptop runs an Intel Core i7 7500U dual core processor. Why is this processor not approved to run Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-approval-for-windows-11/1503509f-a0d9-4e0c-882a-6217ce9e707c
  3. Processor Approval for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Processor Approval for Windows 11: My HP Envy laptop runs an Intel Core i7 7500U dual core processor. Why is this processor not approved to run Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-approval-for-windows-11/1503509f-a0d9-4e0c-882a-6217ce9e707c
  4. Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu: Why doesn't my Athlon 3000G apply to Windows 11 via Health Check? According to Microsoft, this processor is compatible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-accepting-my-athalon-3000g/c38124c2-6891-43f6-8118-267688bf9704
  5. Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu

Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu: Why doesn't my Athlon 3000G apply to Windows 11 via Health Check? According to Microsoft, this processor is compatible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-accepting-my-athalon-3000g/c38124c2-6891-43f6-8118-267688bf9704
  6. Win11 not accepting my Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ processor, which is on the approved CPU list

Win11 not accepting my Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ processor, which is on the approved CPU list: Hi, I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 and despite my processor Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ being on the approved CPU list, I continue to get the below message during setup. I don't want to click Accept and risk not getting Windows updates. I've tried to refresh compatibility in...
  7. Win11 not accepting my Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ processor, which is on the approved CPU list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 not accepting my Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ processor, which is on the approved CPU list: Hi, I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 and despite my processor Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ being on the approved CPU list, I continue to get the below message during setup. I don't want to click Accept and risk not getting Windows updates. I've tried to refresh compatibility in...
  8. Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not accepting my Athalon 3000G processor which is an approved cpu: I upgraded my motherboard, CPU and memory to meet the requirements based on Windows 11 approved list yet windows 10, PC Health Check and installing manually per Microsoft supports suggestions doesn't recognize my AMD Athlon 3000G processor as an approved CPU. Has Microsoft...
  9. Windows 11 Approved processor list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Approved processor list: HiI was just wondering if anyone knows what the rules are for being on the 'Approved List' of processors to download Windows 11 via Windows Update.According to Microsoft, the minimum requirements are:- 1 Ghz - 4GB RAM - 2 cores - being on approved list of CPUsMy laptop easily...
  10. Windows 11 Approved processor list

Windows 11 Approved processor list: HiI was just wondering if anyone knows what the rules are for being on the 'Approved List' of processors to download Windows 11 via Windows Update.According to Microsoft, the minimum requirements are:- 1 Ghz - 4GB RAM - 2 cores - being on approved list of CPUsMy laptop easily...