Windows 10: Windows 11 not booting, can't even run Winre

Discus and support Windows 11 not booting, can't even run Winre in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Hp pavilion Ryzen 5After update my windows 11 went in preparing automatic repair and I can't open Winre i tried doing everything. Hard root... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KshitorJaha, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Windows 11 not booting, can't even run Winre

I have a Hp pavilion Ryzen 5After update my windows 11 went in preparing automatic repair and I can't open Winre i tried doing everything. Hard root and using usb bootable drive but still it stuck at Hp logo plz help.

:)

KshitorJaha, Mar 14, 2022

2. Unable to boot the PC stuck in WinRE mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the PC doesn’t work the way it is supposed to. I appreciate your effort in trying to resolve the issue by performing troubleshooting steps. For better understanding of the issue, please
    respond to the questions below:

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Do you receive any error code when you try to boot the PC normally?
    3. What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?
    4. What is the error you receive while performing reset?
    5. What was the result of automatic repair?

Meanwhile, you can try removing any external devices connected to the PC and check if you are able to boot the PC.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try booting the PC to safe mode and check if that helps.
    Refer the article
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    . If the PC is working fine in safe mode, perform a clean boot being in safe mode environment check.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot
    on the computer. However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:
    Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Method 2:

Try troubleshooting startup issues. You can refer the article on

troubleshooting common startup issues
    and see if that helps.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be
    lost.

If you have an external hard drive, you can take the backup of the data by following the steps mentioned below.

1. Open command prompt window by following the article

troubleshooting common startup issues
    2. On the command prompt window type,
      notepad.exe and hit enter.
    3. Now click on File
      and click Open…
    4. On the Open file window, click on
      This PC
    5. Now navigate to the location
      C:\Users\UserName\
      select the folder that you want to backup to the external drive.

Note:
      To see all the files on the Open dialog box, change the
      files of type
      to All files.

6. Right click on the file/folder
      and select Send to and select the external hard drive.

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the result of troubleshooting steps to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 14, 2022
  3. Kyhi Win User
    WinRE, add boot menu entry

It is possible - as you are looking to add a "Ramdisk" boot option - but instead of listing a Boot.wim you will list as WinRE.wim
    The process depends on the WinRE location and whether Legacy or Uefi Boot Menu

4. topgundcp Win User

Windows 11 not booting, can't even run Winre

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Mar 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 not booting, can't even run Winre

1. Windows 11 not booting, can't even run Winre - Similar Threads - booting can't run

2. Windows 11 PC Can't Even Boot Anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC Can't Even Boot Anymore: Last night my PC was fine and I was able to use it normally. When I woke up today it kept freezing after < a minute of use which would require me to hold the power button down to restart it. After a few times of this I cleaned my PC using cloud reinstall instead of local and...
  3. Windows 11 PC Can't Even Boot Anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC Can't Even Boot Anymore: Last night my PC was fine and I was able to use it normally. When I woke up today it kept freezing after < a minute of use which would require me to hold the power button down to restart it. After a few times of this I cleaned my PC using cloud reinstall instead of local and...
  4. BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe: I just upgrade my DELL from Windows 10 to 11. It gave me a blue screen. I have followed the instructions to restart into WinRe, but the laptop cannot restart, it shows me the f8 key for recovery , but the safe mode keys when pressed do not lead to reboot to safe mode , they...
  5. BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe

BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe: I just upgrade my DELL from Windows 10 to 11. It gave me a blue screen. I have followed the instructions to restart into WinRe, but the laptop cannot restart, it shows me the f8 key for recovery , but the safe mode keys when pressed do not lead to reboot to safe mode , they...
  6. Windows 11 not booting, can't even run Winre

Windows 11 not booting, can't even run Winre: I have a Hp pavilion Ryzen 5After update my windows 11 went in preparing automatic repair and I can't open Winre i tried doing everything. Hard root and using usb bootable drive but still it stuck at Hp logo plz help....
  7. Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE: I need help as soon as possible!How it got started:I was installing the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual network adapter in Device Manager. It took some time, but eventually it was successfully installed. Then I noticed ntoskrnl.exe CPU usage suddenly gone up. I immediately tried...
  8. Cannot Boot to Windows and Will Not Go to WinRE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Boot to Windows and Will Not Go to WinRE: My wife's Dell Latitude E7450 has the problem mentioned in the subject line. I know after three restarts it is supposed to take you to WinRE. It did this once where I tried to do a reset and now I am in a continuous loop of reboots....
  9. Windows won't boot, can't even run WinRE to restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't boot, can't even run WinRE to restore: Help, got a big problem here. My Dell Inspiron 3580 Laptop won't Boot Windows 10. But here's the problem, I can't even get into the WinRE to recover. I ran all hardware diagnostics on my machine and it all passes. But it hangs when it tries to load Win 10. So, to...
  10. System won't boot to W10 (even USB, WinPE, WinRE)

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't boot to W10 (even USB, WinPE, WinRE): Hi All, I bought an old, but in good condition Dell Inspiron 560 for cheap off some people who had recently purchased a new machine. I thought I'd use it as a sort of test system while studying for my CompTIA A+ exam. First thing I did was upgrade the BIOS so I could put a...