Windows 10: Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor

Discus and support Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeanetteDay, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor

Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor

:)

JeanetteDay, Jan 21, 2022

2. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Windows 10 can't detect my second monitor

Thank you for confirming. We can do the following:

When the second monitor is not detected, we need to isolate if it's the monitor, the cable connecting them, or the port. We suggest that you remove your 1st monitor, then use the 2nd monitor as your 1st monitor. After that, connect the 1st monitor as the
    2nd monitor.

Usually, this it's driver-related. Windows 10 won't be able to detect the 2nd monitor if the monitor driver is out of date or faulty. We recommend, rolling back to the previous installed graphics driver and monitor driver if it updated. Otherwise, update your
    graphics and monitor drivers on the Device Manager. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager in the Cortana search bar and press Enter.
    • When the Device Manager window appears, click the Display adapters and right-click the item below.
    • Select Properties, then Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Expand the Monitors, then right-click the second monitor and select Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, update the drivers. You can manually update the driver by visiting the websites of your graphics card and monitor manufacturers to get the fully compatible drivers for Windows 10. You can run the Find
    and fix problems with devices and hardware
    to automatically check for driver updates. Additionally, we'd like to know the make and model of your graphics cards and monitor?

Post back anytime at your convenience.

Erika Aro, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor - Similar Threads - Detecting Second Monitor

2. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  3. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  4. Second monitor is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor is not detected: So I have 2 monitorssame model and one of them when I try to connect to my laptop it's not detected . I have only 1 hdmi port currently waiting for a docking to be deliveredWhat I've tried:1change the cable with one that I know it works2Connect it to a different laptop mac...
  5. Windows 11 cannot detect second monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot detect second monitor.: I just purchased a new laptop that’s running Windows 11. I am trying to set up duel monitors. When I click ‘Detect’ I get ‘We didn’t find another display’. I am using an HDMI cable to connect the second monitor to my laptop. Both screens work, but they are a mirror image....
  6. Windows 11 cannot detect second monitor.

Windows 11 cannot detect second monitor.: I just purchased a new laptop that’s running Windows 11. I am trying to set up duel monitors. When I click ‘Detect’ I get ‘We didn’t find another display’. I am using an HDMI cable to connect the second monitor to my laptop. Both screens work, but they are a mirror image....
  7. Windows 11 will not detect second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not detect second monitor: I have 2 Lenovo laptops that were upgraded to Windows 11. External monitors worked for a couple of months. In late 2022, both stopped detecting the monitor. I have had all drivers up to date. In one of them Lenovo replaced the motherboard and ports with still no luck. I have...
  8. Windows 11 will not detect second monitor

Windows 11 will not detect second monitor: I have 2 Lenovo laptops that were upgraded to Windows 11. External monitors worked for a couple of months. In late 2022, both stopped detecting the monitor. I have had all drivers up to date. In one of them Lenovo replaced the motherboard and ports with still no luck. I have...
  9. Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor: Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-detecting-second-monitor/425e8e21-b72f-4999-bd14-2e92ad6eee30
  10. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not detected: After upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1809 my 2nd monitor is not detected. Updating display drivers for Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 710m graphics cards did not solve the problem. Rolled back to version 1803 and everything works fine. My laptop is an Acer...