Windows 10: Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application

Discus and support Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I just installed Windows Terminal from Microsoft Store and I can use it just fine.But the one thing that annoyed me is Windows never let me make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jose Purba, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application

Hello, I just installed Windows Terminal from Microsoft Store and I can use it just fine.But the one thing that annoyed me is Windows never let me make it as the default terminal application despite already set it in the terminal settings.This made me have to open the Windows Terminal manually every time. Like when I double-clicking a .bat file, windows run the file on regular cmd. When I wanna open current directory/path in the terminal by inserting cmd in the "directory url" in Explorer, it opens the path in cmd. And I don't even have "Open in Terminal" option when I right click the explorer

:)

Jose Purba, Jun 9, 2023

2. Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.

I am running Windows 11 stable version on my Lenovo S340 since upgrading from Windows 10.

I looked in the settings of Windows Terminal to set it as the default application, but the list of terminal apps only contains Windows Console Host. The same is the case in the Terminal Settings section in the stock settings app. Typing cmd into run still opens the old Command Prompt window of its own.

I tried reinstalling Windows Terminal but to no avail.

Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application 090866c8-1365-4a70-b5c8-9cfe159592eb?upload=true.png

Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application 0f03d149-071a-4751-acc6-9ce9c84b4327?upload=true.png

Tanishq457, Jun 9, 2023
  3. MrSeanKon Win User
    Terminate WPF/Windows forms applications....

WPF has no concept of MDI applications. In fact Microsoft is trying to discourage any one using that form of application. I'm new to WPF and I really like MDI applications. It allows me to move quickly between windows and compare the content of different windows. Furthermore, sometime the content of one window is useful for another so I can copy and paste. I think it's a great user experience for working mode.
    To continue, download the attachment!
    It includes two folders, they are very simple code.
    The point is how you can terminate an application (Windows Form and WPF).

MrSeanKon, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application

Windows Terminal 1.12.1073 released to Windows 10 and Windows 11

Source: https://github.com/microsoft/termina.../v1.12.10732.0

Microsoft Store: Get Windows Terminal from the Microsoft Store

Brink, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application

1. Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application - Similar Threads - detecting Terminal default

2. Windows 11 Terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Terminal: I've recently reinstalled windows 11 and I have found that the terminal doesn't respond to commands anymore it just sits and does nothing?is there something that i am missing? I have attached a picture displaying what it does..thankyou in advance.....
  3. Windows 11 Terminal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Terminal: I've recently reinstalled windows 11 and I have found that the terminal doesn't respond to commands anymore it just sits and does nothing?is there something that i am missing? I have attached a picture displaying what it does..thankyou in advance.....
  4. Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application: Hello, I just installed Windows Terminal from Microsoft Store and I can use it just fine.But the one thing that annoyed me is Windows never let me make it as the default terminal application despite already set it in the terminal settings.This made me have to open the Windows...
  5. Windows 11 Terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Terminal: Here is my question: My pc upgraded to Windows 11 quite some time ago. For the many months since the upgrade, I have been unable to utilize the command prompt/PowerShell terminal tool. My terminal opens appropriately so that isn't an issue. My problem comes when running...
  6. Windows 11 Terminal

Windows 11 Terminal: Here is my question: My pc upgraded to Windows 11 quite some time ago. For the many months since the upgrade, I have been unable to utilize the command prompt/PowerShell terminal tool. My terminal opens appropriately so that isn't an issue. My problem comes when running...
  7. How to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal application in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal application in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows Terminal includes Command Prompt, PowerShell, and some other command-line interpreter tools and makes it easier for the user to switch between them, as you can just change tabs to use the tool of your choice. That’s why many users want to set Windows Terminal...
  8. Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.: I am running Windows 11 stable version on my Lenovo S340 since upgrading from Windows 10.I looked in the settings of Windows Terminal to set it as the default application, but the list of terminal apps only contains Windows Console Host. The same is the case in the Terminal...
  9. Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.

Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.: I am running Windows 11 stable version on my Lenovo S340 since upgrading from Windows 10.I looked in the settings of Windows Terminal to set it as the default application, but the list of terminal apps only contains Windows Console Host. The same is the case in the Terminal...
  10. Termination of programs and applications by Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Termination of programs and applications by Windows 10.: Windows 10 regularly terminates legitimate programs/apps that I've installed to run permanently permanently while my computer is switched on, like for instance AnVir Task Manager. I've adjusted Anvir Task Manager to run on start-up. It's very frustrating and I'm not willing...