Windows 10: Windows 11 not picking up audio input from any microphones

Discus and support Windows 11 not picking up audio input from any microphones in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Recently Windows has stopped picking up audio from my microphone for a reason that I do not know, it seemed to occur at a random time and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jake Z, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Jake Z Win User

Windows 11 not picking up audio input from any microphones

Hello, Recently Windows has stopped picking up audio from my microphone for a reason that I do not know, it seemed to occur at a random time and I cannot work out what is causing this.I have spent ages looking through various websites and articles on solutions to fix this but not one thing has worked. I have tried using a different microphone, it didn't work either, and have also used the microphone on a different device where it did work, leading me to believe that the problem is to do with my PC/Windows rather than my microphone. I have tried using the microphone input at both the front and

:)

Jake Z, Jan 1, 2023
  2. Jake Z Win User

Hello,

Recently Windows has stopped picking up audio from my microphone for a reason that I do not know, it seemed to occur at a random time and I cannot work out what is causing this.

I have spent ages looking through various websites and articles on solutions to fix this but not one thing has worked. I have tried using a different microphone, it didn't work either, and have also used the microphone on a different device where it did work, leading me to believe that the problem is to do with my PC/Windows rather than my microphone.

I have tried using the microphone input at both the front and back of my computer along with also using a USB sound card and that has also not worked. It may be worth pointing out that in both sound cards that I have tried, the audio output works fine but input does not.

My PC has Bitdefender antivirus and I have tried turning it off to see if that made a difference, it did not either.

I have tried using the windows audio trouble-shooter, updating drivers, allowing all apps access to my microphone etc...

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Jake Z, Jan 2, 2023
  3. Arcadian Win User
    Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Not a techie at all sorry but follow your general drift which is interesting. I've now got a mike input (USB Pro Sound) but how do you make the connection to the headphone output as there's two separate wires ?

Arcadian, Jan 2, 2023
  4. Windows 11 not picking up audio input from any microphones

Non-audio focused applications acquire poor microphone input

I found a "solution" / workaround. But it requires two other applications: Virtual Audio Cable and Voicemeeter. My approach is that:

• Voicemeeter takes input from the microphone and forwards it in mono-mode to one of the virtual cables. The resulting mono is not distorted.
    • Set the virtual cable to the default microphone / communications device so applications that is not audio-focused pick up the mono source instead.

senevoldsen, Jan 2, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 not picking up audio input from any microphones - Similar Threads - picking audio input

2. Windows 11 not picking up audio input from any microphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not picking up audio input from any microphones: Hello, Recently Windows has stopped picking up audio from my microphone for a reason that I do not know, it seemed to occur at a random time and I cannot work out what is causing this.I have spent ages looking through various websites and articles on solutions to fix this but...
  3. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this for a long time and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc. I have already tried a lot of things.Mix stereo is turned offThe microphone is not picking up physical sound from my...
  4. Audio input is picking up all system inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio input is picking up all system inputs: My audio jack seems to be picking up every input and sound from my system games, music, videos etc all the time. Even when my mic is muted and my voice isnt picked up the other inputs still are. I have troubleshot for hours going over every other answer microsoft has provided...
  5. Audio input is picking up all system inputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input is picking up all system inputs: My audio jack seems to be picking up every input and sound from my system games, music, videos etc all the time. Even when my mic is muted and my voice isnt picked up the other inputs still are. I have troubleshot for hours going over every other answer microsoft has provided...
  6. Microphone input picking up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone input picking up desktop audio: So I have this weird issue where my desktop audio is being picked up by the microphone input. It's not bleeding from the headset as I don't have the microphone plugged into the headset and it still happens. This occurs when it's plugged in with the USB and the Aux cable. I...
  7. USB headset microphone not picking up input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB headset microphone not picking up input: I just bought a HyperX Cloud II headset and I am trying to set it up to use for audio input and output. I have confirmed my headset works on my phone for input and output so I believe that the device is working properly. When I use the the given aux to USB controller I get...
  8. Microphone not picking up audio

Microphone not picking up audio: Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings. I have done literally everything from checking if the...
  9. Windows wont pick up any microphone audio.

Windows wont pick up any microphone audio.: ive tried rebooting. re installing my driver devices. but no audio is being picked up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-pick-up-any-microphone-audio/1f4ef7b1-4bfe-4125-ac32-e9427137c66a
  10. Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?: I currently have a pair of razer kraken pro v2's which are plugged into my computer via a headphone splitter. My computer detects my headphones just fine (audio working and all), but when it comes to using the microphone it doesn't seem to pick up my voice at all and only...