Windows 10: Windows 11 not reading my HDD and showing not available

Discus and support Windows 11 not reading my HDD and showing not available in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 330 15ICH, i recently install SSD in my laptop, and formatted hdd because it was creating problem while installing windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ujwal garg, May 22, 2024.

1. Windows 11 not reading my HDD and showing not available

My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 330 15ICH, i recently install SSD in my laptop, and formatted hdd because it was creating problem while installing windows 11. Now i have only one OS of windows 11 from SSD, The main problem is this - in Device Manager/ Disk Drives my SSD and HDD are listed but in the disk management. windows is not even reading any HDD. When i go to My PC no HDD drives are listed. How to fix this issue? Please help.Also in this 'Ask a question' platform of Microsoft, i am getting failed to upload images, so i can't show the screenshots. Please help me with this problem as the HDD

:)

ujwal garg, May 22, 2024
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, May 22, 2024
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, May 22, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 11 not reading my HDD and showing not available

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 not reading my HDD and showing not available

1. Windows 11 not reading my HDD and showing not available - Similar Threads - reading HDD showing

2. External ODD $ HDD Device not showing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External ODD $ HDD Device not showing in Windows 11: I just got a External ODD $ HDD Device dvd writer, model B21-y, when I insert the usb it goes on you can see the light, but it does not show in Mypc or in device Manager. I can not get driver for it. Is there a way to fix this...
  3. Windows 11 not reading my HDD and showing not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not reading my HDD and showing not available: My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 330 15ICH, i recently install SSD in my laptop, and formatted hdd because it was creating problem while installing windows 11. Now i have only one OS of windows 11 from SSD, The main problem is this - in Device Manager/ Disk Drives my SSD and HDD...
  4. HDD is not showing in my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD is not showing in my pc: In my pc sometimes there is no HDD showing in thic PC And sometimes it shows. i dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-is-not-showing-in-my-pc/a8efea3a-ba49-4c66-b8af-ea2019e60e70
  5. HDD is not showing in my pc

HDD is not showing in my pc: In my pc sometimes there is no HDD showing in thic PC And sometimes it shows. i dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-is-not-showing-in-my-pc/a8efea3a-ba49-4c66-b8af-ea2019e60e70
  6. HDD NOT SHOWING AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE IN WINDOW 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD NOT SHOWING AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE IN WINDOW 11: I am stuck at using the same windows version i want to update to latest version but i can't. i receive windows update and i when i update to them throught settings my hdd is missing like it not even connected to laptop. I am using hp pavillion laptop with ryzen 5 4600h cpu...
  7. HDD NOT SHOWING AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE IN WINDOW 11

HDD NOT SHOWING AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE IN WINDOW 11: I am stuck at using the same windows version i want to update to latest version but i can't. i receive windows update and i when i update to them throught settings my hdd is missing like it not even connected to laptop. I am using hp pavillion laptop with ryzen 5 4600h cpu...
  8. HDD not reading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not reading: Hello, I have a custom built system and I have an SSD and 2 HDD, one is a WD 1TB and the other is a Seagate 3TB. The 3TB drive however does not show in disk management however the disk is shown in device manager and in the properties it reads connected and working properly...
  9. constant read-access to my external HDD - is it Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    constant read-access to my external HDD - is it Windows 10?: I have a 4Tbyte external hard drive (USB3) and when it is connected, it constantly flashes as there is "something" that will read at all times. How do I find out what program/service is doing this?It is NOT virus killer, defragmentation or debugging (the one in Windows). As...
  10. constant read-access to my extern HDD - is it Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    constant read-access to my extern HDD - is it Windows 10?: I have a 4Tbyte external hard drive (USB3) and when it is connected, it constantly flashes as there is "something" that will read at all times. How do I find out what program/service is doing this?It is NOT virus killer, defragmentation or debugging (the one in Windows). As...