Windows 10: Windows 11 not reading Windows 10 Laptop SSD

Discus and support Windows 11 not reading Windows 10 Laptop SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good Morning,Can anyone advise please? I have a 1000GB ST1000LM024 laptop hard disk that ran Windows 10 which I am trying to read by plugging into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve Holdsworth, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Windows 11 not reading Windows 10 Laptop SSD

Good Morning,Can anyone advise please? I have a 1000GB ST1000LM024 laptop hard disk that ran Windows 10 which I am trying to read by plugging into a Windows 11 PC using an external caddy.Disk Management sees the disk but I cannot read it in File Manager. The caddy powers the disk and works with another laptop hard drive which I can read in File Manager.Can anyone advise of a soluition please?Thanks,Steve

:)

Steve Holdsworth, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 11 not reading Windows 10 Laptop SSD

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 not reading Windows 10 Laptop SSD

1. Windows 11 not reading Windows 10 Laptop SSD - Similar Threads - reading Laptop SSD

2. Windows 11 not reading Windows 10 Laptop SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not reading Windows 10 Laptop SSD: Good Morning,Can anyone advise please? I have a 1000GB ST1000LM024 laptop hard disk that ran Windows 10 which I am trying to read by plugging into a Windows 11 PC using an external caddy.Disk Management sees the disk but I cannot read it in File Manager. The caddy powers the...
  3. Transferring Windows 11 from SSD to SSD on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 11 from SSD to SSD on laptop: Hi,So...I have a question.Four months ago, I bought a laptop MSI stealth G77, it was delivered with windows 11 already installed so I'm thinking an OEM version of it.I quickly ran out of spaceon the 1To ssd with all my games and programs. So I bought an extra SSD of 2To to...
  4. Transferring Windows 11 from SSD to SSD on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 11 from SSD to SSD on laptop: Hi,So...I have a question.Four months ago, I bought a laptop MSI stealth G77, it was delivered with windows 11 already installed so I'm thinking an OEM version of it.I quickly ran out of spaceon the 1To ssd with all my games and programs. So I bought an extra SSD of 2To to...
  5. windows reading external SSD wrong

windows reading external SSD wrong: I have a HP dv6-3150 w/ windows 7 and a 2TB external SSD. I used it to back up my pc but something went wrong. I don't know what I'm an idiot with tech. I was told to format the SSD to NTFS it was exFAT. I did and now it shows up as a removable disk. I uninstalled,...
  6. New Windows 11 Laptop with an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 Laptop with an SSD: HI.I have just got a new W11 laptop with an SSD. I have read in many places including here that SSDs' should not be defragged. I am absolutely fine with that.Is it necessary that I should disable disk defrag and optimise to prevent this or is it true as i read in another post...
  7. New Windows 11 Laptop with an SSD

New Windows 11 Laptop with an SSD: HI.I have just got a new W11 laptop with an SSD. I have read in many places including here that SSDs' should not be defragged. I am absolutely fine with that.Is it necessary that I should disable disk defrag and optimise to prevent this or is it true as i read in another post...
  8. upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?: I want upgrade my laptop currently running windows 10 pro ssd500gb to a new ssd1tb and want to install windows11 on the new SSD my laptop meets all requirements but have not done so yetand want to check, will MS recognize my laptop and previous Windows 10 pro once installed...
  9. upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?

upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?: I want upgrade my laptop currently running windows 10 pro ssd500gb to a new ssd1tb and want to install windows11 on the new SSD my laptop meets all requirements but have not done so yetand want to check, will MS recognize my laptop and previous Windows 10 pro once installed...
  10. Reading files from old Windows 10 SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Reading files from old Windows 10 SSD: My old Win10 PC died recently. I have an entire new Win10 PC now. I've removed the old SSD and hooked it up to a USB adapter, making it appear on the new PC as a drive. My goal is simply to copy the entire contents of the old Windows SSD onto my new PC, just so I can access...