Windows 10: Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

Discus and support Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,1 Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SeanDougall1956, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

Hi,1 Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected startup Apps are starting. They used to but now zilch! I have used Windows+R -> shell:startup and moved shortcuts into the Folder from the Desktop - without any improvement.They don't appear to have started following an update but I'm not aware of what might go on in the background.Have you any suggestions or remedies

:)

SeanDougall1956, Apr 22, 2024
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Apr 22, 2024
  4. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

all office apps startup only after re-start windows

If your computer has an SSD, then this should solve your issue and you won't see any noticeable bootup speed changes:

Disable Fast Startup (step by step):

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Navigate to Hardware and Sound --> Power Options
    3. Then click on "Choose what the power buttons do"
    4. Press "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    5. Under Shutdown settings untick the box beside "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
    6. Save changes and reboot once.

Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING 183666d1523002963t-all-office-apps-startup-only-after-re-start-windows-fast_startup.png

Once logged in and Windows has booted up properly and settled, shut down your computer. After that boot your computer again and test your Office apps. They should work now.

slicendice, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

1. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING - Similar Threads - RESTARTING Startup Apps

2. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING: Hi,1 Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected...
  3. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING: Hi,Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected...
  4. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING: Hi,Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected...
  5. Windows 11 Startup and Restart problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Startup and Restart problems.: My windows has all of a sudden started to take ages to start up and when it does start I have various intermittent problems. Sometimes my network adapter doesn’t appear and can’t be fixed with the troubleshooter. Other times file explorer doesn’t work properly, and other...
  6. Windows 11 Startup and Restart problems.

Windows 11 Startup and Restart problems.: My windows has all of a sudden started to take ages to start up and when it does start I have various intermittent problems. Sometimes my network adapter doesn’t appear and can’t be fixed with the troubleshooter. Other times file explorer doesn’t work properly, and other...
  7. apps keep starting at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    apps keep starting at startup: I have a question, how can I stop the applications to start when I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-starting-at-startup/8b010aaa-814f-4ea3-8a98-f06fb216112e
  8. apps keep starting at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps keep starting at startup: I have a question, how can I stop the applications to start when I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-starting-at-startup/8b010aaa-814f-4ea3-8a98-f06fb216112e
  9. apps keep starting at startup

10. Auto-Start apps on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto-Start apps on startup: Hi, so this problem has been sticking with me for a while. I sometimes change the desktop by using Task View, with some apps still open in the earlier desktop. I forget all about those apps, and I sometimes shut the Notebook down without closing the apps on Desktop 1. Then,...