Windows 10: Windows 11 not retaining settings

Discus and support Windows 11 not retaining settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I am installing Windows 11 on my computer, which is compatible with Windows 11, my computer is undoing changes made to the computer. Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VVthe lion, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Windows 11 not retaining settings

When I am installing Windows 11 on my computer, which is compatible with Windows 11, my computer is undoing changes made to the computer. Please help me solve this issue ** original title: Computer **

:)

VVthe lion, Oct 21, 2021
  2. imacken Win User

MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB.
    I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green.
    Is there some addiotnal step I need to do?

W10 64 bit 2004

imacken, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Default Playback devices are not retaining their settings.

We appreciate the information that you've provided. The next step that we recommend you to do is to disable all the sound drivers on your
    Device Manager since the sound driver has 2 components. We have to identify which sound driver works best on your device by following these steps:

• Type in Device Manger on the Search box.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for the Audio inputs and outputs and
      Sound, video and game controllers drivers.

• Windows 11 not retaining settings 33e66a89-f361-49a8-9a7e-cd5c26ea169f.png
    • Right click each drivers found on the suggested lists and select Disable.
    • Once you've disabled all the sound drivers, repeat steps 1 to
      3 but this time enable one driver at a time and check which driver will retain the desired
      Playback device settings.

You can leave the other sound drivers disabled, once you've identified which driver works on your device.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows 11 not retaining settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 not retaining settings

1. Windows 11 not retaining settings - Similar Threads - retaining settings

2. Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD: A couple of weeks ago, I added two new sticks of RAM because my computer had been freezing for a few seconds intermittently and the performance graph showed the memory use being fairly high. Last week, my computer suddenly crashed BSOD. I didn't see what the stop code...
  3. Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD: A couple of weeks ago, I added two new sticks of RAM because my computer had been freezing for a few seconds intermittently and the performance graph showed the memory use being fairly high. Last week, my computer suddenly crashed BSOD. I didn't see what the stop code...
  4. Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not retaining settings: When I am installing Windows 11 on my computer, which is compatible with Windows 11, my computer is undoing changes made to the computer. Please help me solve this issue ** original title: Computer **...
  6. Quick Access links - not retaining what I set, keeps auto-deleting them, then adds more...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access links - not retaining what I set, keeps auto-deleting them, then adds more...: The Quick Access folders are doing my head in. This PC is a bit over 2 weeks old, it's up-to-date HP OEM Windows 10, and all drivers fresh. When I set Quick Access links it's not retaining what I set. It seems to drop my chosen links all the time, and I have to keep re-adding...
  7. My display settings aren't being retained

in Windows 10 Customization
    My display settings aren't being retained: I am running a DELL XPS laptop with 2 external screens. I have connected them both and they work fine, however the moment I restart the laptop, the display settings change. They only come back after unplugging and re-plugging in the HDMI cables again. It is quite...
  8. Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled: Hello! I have the weirdest problem right now. I've set Application Guard to not delete the content of the sandbox, yet when I restart everything is deleted anyway. Anyone with the same problem? submitted by /u/Safe_Airport [link] [comments]...
  9. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765
  10. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Support
    MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765