Windows 10: Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal?

Discus and support Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Carbon Black Endpoint Standard is detecting Notepad injecting into another process, but only on Windows 11.Is this something that's "normal" for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nolsen311, Jan 27, 2022.

1. nolsen311 Win User

Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal?

Carbon Black Endpoint Standard is detecting Notepad injecting into another process, but only on Windows 11.Is this something that's "normal" for the Windows 11 version of Notepad?notepad.exe using SetWindowsHookEx for...something?What's it doing? WHY?To be clear, this isn't something else injecting into the notepad process...which is the only thing I can find any specific information on.

:)

nolsen311, Jan 27, 2022
  2. S-and-S Win User

Has Windows some legal way to inject DLL into processes?

Essentially, code injection is a hack.

Nevertheless, code injection is a normal part of the Windows application platform because it’s often the only way for a third-party to accomplish a task. Compared to iOS or Android, which (I think) lack the ability to inject code, the Windows desktop is
    arguably more powerful because if offers this kind of flexibility.

You surely know that lots of problems can result when DLLs (or other code) from third parties are injected into Windows processes, because the code injected was not designed, built, or tested by Microsoft. It runs the risk of creating issues that weren’t
    there before or exacerbating issues that were already there. Nevertheless, Windows includes APIs that can be used for code injection, and Windows doesn’t prevent processes on your computer from interfering with each other like this.

This forum isn't the place for learning about these APIs - and in any case, I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to explain them. You want MSDN. This forum is where the lowest of the low in computer ability comes to try to unravel the mess they made.

S-and-S, Jan 27, 2022
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal?

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal?

1. Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal? - Similar Threads - Notepad injecting another

2. Notepad in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad in Windows 11: I am blind and use a Screen Reader program. In Windows 11 I don't get to use keyboard functions like ALT+F Is this something new in Windows 11 Notepad? Can it be corrected so I can use the Keyboard keys to Save, Exit, or Save As functions?...
  3. Windows defender log Injection into process is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender log Injection into process is blocked: I schedule a scan using Task Scheduler as follows: "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" with parms of: -Scan -ScanType 2 -GetFiles then when I look at the logs in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support, I see in one of the logs this, repeated many times:...
  4. Windows defender log Injection into process is blocked

Windows defender log Injection into process is blocked: I schedule a scan using Task Scheduler as follows: "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" with parms of: -Scan -ScanType 2 -GetFiles then when I look at the logs in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support, I see in one of the logs this, repeated many times:...
  5. Windows defender log Injection into process is blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Notepad injecting into another process - is this normal?: Carbon Black Endpoint Standard is detecting Notepad injecting into another process, but only on Windows 11.Is this something that's "normal" for the Windows 11 version of Notepad?notepad.exe using SetWindowsHookEx for...something?What's it doing? WHY?To be clear, this isn't...
  7. Windows 11 and Notepad

Windows 11 and Notepad: Updated to Windows 11 and use the NOTEPAD app. I am trying to open a .txt file and it is not displaying the text within the "preview pane." Is there a setting that as overlooked or is this an issue?...
  8. Process Injection and Process Isolation by OS

Process Injection and Process Isolation by OS: If the OS is responsible for ensuring that one process cannot access another process memory space, and the point of process isolation is to keep processes separate from one another, then how can a malicious process perform actions on another process, say for example a DLL...
  9. Has Windows some legal way to inject DLL into processes?

Has Windows some legal way to inject DLL into processes?: I want to modify behavior of applications. Coloring of caret depending of keyboard layout in particular. And i need for this purpose some possibility to load my DLL into the processes. AppInit_DLLs, AppCertDLLs actually don't work. SetWindowsHookEx() works with problems (i...
  10. my notepad is not normal in windows ten

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my notepad is not normal in windows ten: The windows was done with the iso and the notepad is not normal it has a red x and it also has chat font I want it back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-notepad-is-not-normal-in-windows-ten/1fabbf9a-9b7c-477b-bfbd-866390555026"