Windows 10: Windows 11 Notifications settings for Ring Video Doorbell?

Discus and support Windows 11 Notifications settings for Ring Video Doorbell? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I realize this might be a bit too granular for this website, but I'm running out of ideas.I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 laptop with Windows 11. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dblum15, May 26, 2023.

1. Dblum15 Win User

Windows 11 Notifications settings for Ring Video Doorbell?

I realize this might be a bit too granular for this website, but I'm running out of ideas.I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 laptop with Windows 11. I also have a Ring video doorbell. I had been getting Rich Notifications a snap shot in the notification banner of whatever event triggered the notification, but as of a few weeks ago, I now only get plain text notifications. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips from Ring, and nothing is working. While I don't think I inadvertantly changed any Windows settings for notifications, I can't really be sure.Anyone out there have a Ring video doorbel

:)

Dblum15, May 26, 2023
  2. Rokjoy Win User

Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied

Andre, thank you for replying,

Over the past two weeks, I have had multiple email contacts back and forth with the Ring Support. So far that support has been has been similar to what you have suggested. I have asked them to step it up a level or two, as I would like Ring Support to
    check out the Windows 10 App issue at their end to simply verify issue. That may takes some time.

That is why I have asked if anyone else is having this same Windows 10 Ring App issue. That would also be be verification of an app issue.

Yes, I have deleted and reinstalled the app on a laptop and a desktop and that has not corrected the issue.

More background:

The Ring 2 Doorbells (front and back doors) were originally installed and setup nine months ago using the Windows 10 App only. I have been using the Windows 10 app since to monitor and check on the Doorbell motion detections. The Windows 10 app has been
    the only app I have used to adjust and change the motion detection settings.

Two weeks ago, after removing, charging and replacing the battery for the front doorbell, the doorbell would not reconnect to wifi (connection issue happened the last time I changed out this doorbell battery, not a problem with the other doorbell). Via
    the Windows app, I removed that doorbell from the system and reinstalled it and it connected to wifi. Afterwards, I noticed via the Windows 10 app, the motion detection was off and could not be setup or applied. However, the doorbell was in fact detecting
    motion.

I then checked the Doorbell via my iPhone app which I had installed only to receive notifications of motion and I had never used the IOS app for any other Ring function. The IOS app showed motion detection was on and set, and at the same time the Windows
    app showed motion detection off and not able to be changed or set.

Via the Windows 10 app, both front and back Ring doorbells show motion detection has not been setup or applied, nor can they be setup and applied via the Windows app. Those same two doorbells via the IOS app show motion detection is setup and applied and
    the doorbells do detect motion.

My son has a Ring 2 Doorbell, different house, computer and network (hardwired, no battery). I checked and his Windows 10 desktop App has the same exact issue.

So, a Windows 10 app function that was working is now not working and I would like to confirm others are having same issue or have a resolution.

Thank you,

Rokjoy, May 26, 2023
  3. Rokjoy Win User
    Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied

I used the Windows 10 Ring Doorbell app to setup my Ring 2 Doorbell months ago and to setup and at times change the motion detection settings.

In early September 2019, the Windows 10 Doorbell app stopped allowing the setup or changing of the Motion Detection settings (which via the Windows 10 app are in the OFF state). This issue also exists on two other Windows 10 Desktop computers.

To be clear: the same Ring doorbell Motion Detection is set via IOS (Apple) App and motion is being detected, even though the Windows App says Motion Detection is not applied.

Has anyone else experienced this Windows App issue and/or have a resolution?

Rokjoy, May 26, 2023
  4. Regina G Win User

Ring doorbell 2

I have a Ring doorbell 2. Everything is working...sound, movement, etc. except the video. Is there something on my computer that is preventing me from viewing the live action of the Ring app? I have done everything, reinstalling (over and over again)
    to no avail. Unplugged my router/modem as well. Please, is there something on my computer that is not added to or checked that might prevent the video from activating.

Regina G, May 26, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Notifications settings for Ring Video Doorbell? - Similar Threads - Notifications settings Ring

2. how can I monitor my ring doorbell on my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I monitor my ring doorbell on my pc?: how can I monitor my ring doorbell on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-monitor-my-ring-doorbell-on-my-pc/c22adf31-43bc-449e-b6b7-1834aba59b39
  3. how can I monitor my ring doorbell on my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I monitor my ring doorbell on my pc?: how can I monitor my ring doorbell on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-monitor-my-ring-doorbell-on-my-pc/c22adf31-43bc-449e-b6b7-1834aba59b39
  4. how can I monitor my ring doorbell on my pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 Notifications settings for Ring Video Doorbell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Notifications settings for Ring Video Doorbell?: I realize this might be a bit too granular for this website, but I'm running out of ideas.I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 laptop with Windows 11. I also have a Ring video doorbell. I had been getting Rich Notifications a snap shot in the notification banner of whatever event...
  6. Notifications is missing in my Windows 11 Settings

Notifications is missing in my Windows 11 Settings: Hi,I'm IT Admin of the company. I have a company laptop managed by Group Policy & Intune. When I go to Windows 11 Settings > System, I cannot see Notifications settings in there. Could you advise which Group Policy or Intune configuration that disable it? So that I can bring...
  7. windows 11 privacy settings notification details

windows 11 privacy settings notification details: I see notifications saying my privacy settings have blocked access to an app trying to access the camera or microphone on occasion, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell what app it is. I find nothing in Event Viewer, nothing in notification settings, nothing anywhere...
  8. Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied

Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied: I used the Windows 10 Ring Doorbell app to setup my Ring 2 Doorbell months ago and to setup and at times change the motion detection settings. In early September 2019, the Windows 10 Doorbell app stopped allowing the setup or changing of the Motion Detection settings (which...
  9. Ring doorbell 2

Ring doorbell 2: I have a Ring doorbell 2. Everything is working...sound, movement, etc. except the video. Is there something on my computer that is preventing me from viewing the live action of the Ring app? I have done everything, reinstalling (over and over again) to no avail....
  10. RIng Doorbell App not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RIng Doorbell App not working: Was reading issues with Windows 10 and the Ring door bell app not working, I'm having the same problem talk to ring tech and they are saying that it is a windows update issue. Please help me into solveing this problem, I have reinstalled windows 10 uninstalled updates. still...