Windows 10: Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron i5

Discus and support Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron i5 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am a Windows Insider, and moved on to Windows 11 Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎09-‎15 OS build 22000.282 Experience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by techie786, Oct 20, 2021.

1. techie786 Win User

Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron i5

I am a Windows Insider, and moved on to Windows 11 Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎09-‎15 OS build 22000.282 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0 I am getting a message on the top in Settings, Windows Update. So when will Microsoft support computers like mine? Thanks.

:)

techie786, Oct 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709

I have two identical boxes with same issue- Windows 10 Home will not update to 1709. Here are the hardware specs & steps taken to fix the problem:

Dell Inspiron 3847
    Windows 10 Home ver 1607 OS Build 14393.1944
    Intel Core i5-4460 3.2G
    12GB RAM
    Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600
    1TB SATA HDD

It downloads and attempts to install the latest updates then several hours later reverts back to where it was.
    So far:
    - installed & ran Windows Update Troubleshooter & taken the steps that it suggests
    - renamed Windows 10 upgrade folder and downloaded the latest updates
    - deleted the software distribution folder & downloaded/installed again
    - ran windows cleanup and deleted all those files
    - tried stopping & disabling the windows update service to prevent it from continuing
    There is licensed software so a clean install is out of the question.

These PC's are installed in a restaurant and when this happens the whole place shuts down during lunch & dinner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

pointofsaleexp, Oct 20, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    Need More Storage on Dell Inspiron 14

Can you supply the exact model of Inspiron 11?

For example, Crucial lists some 2.5" SATA SSDs as upgrades to an Inspiron 11 3000 series. https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compa...s-(intel-ddr3)

Crucail is usually very reliable about that sort of thing.

bobkn, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron i5

dell inspiron 546

I have just downloaded Windows 10 to a Dell Inspiron 546 with a Dell 810 All in One printer. The previous OS was Windows 7. I had downloaded Windows 10 because the Windows invitation assured me all was well for the download.

Having made the download I discover I can not print. The printer is listed in settings. It used to be the default device.

Can you advise the steps I should take?

Thank you.

charles allis, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron i5

1. Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron i5 - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron

2. My Dell Inspiron 15 5510 is a LEMON!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell Inspiron 15 5510 is a LEMON!: My Dell Inspiron 15 5510 is having some issues, and it seems to be getting worse over time. I've been so careful with this laptop, I do not know why there are so many issues. Here's a list: Many keyboard keys are nonresponsive, the mouse jiggles, the screen is turning yellow...
  3. My Dell Inspiron 15 5510 is a LEMON!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell Inspiron 15 5510 is a LEMON!: My Dell Inspiron 15 5510 is having some issues, and it seems to be getting worse over time. I've been so careful with this laptop, I do not know why there are so many issues. Here's a list: Many keyboard keys are nonresponsive, the mouse jiggles, the screen is turning yellow...
  4. My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...: My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop 11th Gen IntelR Core TM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but system is running.Checked and updated display drivers' multiple times, rollback driver done, reverted to default Microsoft drivers-...
  5. My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...

My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...: My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop 11th Gen IntelR Core TM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but system is running.Checked and updated display drivers' multiple times, rollback driver done, reverted to default Microsoft drivers-...
  6. After the Battery replacement of my Dell Inspiron laptop, My latop is asking for a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    After the Battery replacement of my Dell Inspiron laptop, My latop is asking for a...: After the Battery replacement of my Dell Inspiron 7570 laptop, My laptop is asking for a BitLocker Recovery Key whenever attempting to start the laptop.Could you please help with the same ? I have never enabled bitLocker in my laptop and hence I do not have the recovery key...
  7. Dell Inspiron 5547 - can it be upgraded to take W11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 5547 - can it be upgraded to take W11?: Hi folksAs it stands, my Dell Inspiron 5547 4th Gen chip and TPM is sub-spec to take an update to W11. Has anyone ever found a hardware/firmware, or whatever, upgrade path to bring this old Dell into the modern world?...
  8. Dell Inspiron 3881 PC Flashing Orange; 1 white, 3 orange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 3881 PC Flashing Orange; 1 white, 3 orange: Hi,So basically I just booted up my dell pc, which I have had for around 4 years now, to do some work. But it says there is a fatal error. It pulled up with a BSOD. I've checked online and apparently i need to change the little battery inside my PC but I am not so sure how....
  9. Dell Inspiron 3881 PC Flashing Orange; 1 white, 3 orange

Dell Inspiron 3881 PC Flashing Orange; 1 white, 3 orange: Hi,So basically I just booted up my dell pc, which I have had for around 4 years now, to do some work. But it says there is a fatal error. It pulled up with a BSOD. I've checked online and apparently i need to change the little battery inside my PC but I am not so sure how....
  10. Today I noticed my "line in" is missing on my Dell inspiron computer running Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Today I noticed my "line in" is missing on my Dell inspiron computer running Windows 10....: Today I noticed my "line in" is missing on my Dell inspiron computer running Windows 10. so unable to connect cassette deck and start recording old recordings to pc. Anyone no why, or how to do this without line in?...