Windows 10: Windows 11 on incompatible systems: Windows Update is working fine

Discus and support Windows 11 on incompatible systems: Windows Update is working fine in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Yesterday was the first Patch Tuesday after the release of the Windows 11 operating system a week earlier. It was clear that Microsoft would release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Oct 13, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 on incompatible systems: Windows Update is working fine

Yesterday was the first Patch Tuesday after the release of the Windows 11 operating system a week earlier. It was clear that Microsoft would release the first cumulative update for Windows 11 on the day.

One question that users from all over the world had before the first update was, whether updates would be delivered to systems that don't meet the minimum system requirements of Windows 11.

Especially one sentence by Microsoft stuck out: If you proceed with installing Windows 11, your PC will no longer be supported and won't be entitled to receive updates. The company did its best at being as ambiguous as possible, and users were worried that their devices would not even receive security updates if they did not meet the minimum system requirements. Ultimately, this would result in users having to go back to Windows 10 or install a different operating system altogether on the device.

Yesterday's release of KB5006674 for Windows 11 provided a definitive answer, one that Microsoft did not provide. A quick test on several devices running Windows 11, all but one not meeting Microsoft's system requirements for Windows 11, resulted in a successful update delivery.

Windows 11 on incompatible systems: Windows Update is working fine windows-security-updates-october-2021.png

The cumulative update, updates for Microsoft Defender Antivirus, the .NET Framework, and the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool were all delivered via Windows Update.

A successful delivery does not necessarily mean that future updates will also be provided, but it is clear that customers, who run Windows 11 on devices that are not compatible officially, will receive updates.

Microsoft could have meant feature updates all along when it mentioned that there was no guarantee that incompatible devices would get updates. Devices may run into the same compatibility issues when feature updates are released: Windows Update may not work and other means of updating need to to be used, e.g. through programs such as Rufus and downloading Windows 11 manually.

The first feature update for Windows 11 will be released at the end of 2022, likely around October 2022. Windows Update should work fine until then, and even afterwards, as all home versions of Windows 11 are supported for 24 months after release. Enterprise customers get even 36 months of support.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 on incompatible systems: Windows Update is working fine appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Oct 13, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Lists Programs That are Incompatible With Windows Vista SP1

Microsoft has published a list of programs that are currently incompatible with Windows Vista SP1 "Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista is an important update for Windows Vista. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) contains many security, reliability, and feature updates for Windows Vista. A program may experience a loss of functionality after you install Windows Vista SP1. However, most programs will continue to work as expected after you install Windows Vista SP1."

Windows Vista SP1 Incompatible Programs

Source: Guru3D

malware, Oct 13, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 13, 2021
  4. denmarfl Win User

Internet Explorer 11; Windows 10....Stopped Working

IE11; Windows 10. For the past 2 weeks when I open IE11 I get Internet Explorer has Stopped working POPUP message rendering IE 11 unusable.

I have followed suggested Fixes by "Resetting" IE11; Use Software Rendering...is NOT checked. I have tried to use "System Restore" and go back to a Restore Point prior to 2 weeks but, I get unable to restore to xx/xx/xxxx because the process cannot file iexplorer.exe.

I have tried several Restore Points...get this same result.

I cannot fine the Internet 11 Install Update to delete it as it is not in the list History\Installed Updates.

Surely there must be away to fix IE 11...I have run out of things to do...suggestions with steps will be appreciated.

denmarfl, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 on incompatible systems: Windows Update is working fine - Similar Threads - incompatible systems Update

2. windows 11 incompatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 incompatibility: i want to ask that why is windows 11 is incompatible to higher device specifications but compatible to older device specifications or only required specifications for example i tried to install windows 11 it said tpm must be 2.0 but i have tpm2.3 and processor must be 1ghz...
  3. windows 11 incompatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 incompatibility: i want to ask that why is windows 11 is incompatible to higher device specifications but compatible to older device specifications or only required specifications for example i tried to install windows 11 it said tpm must be 2.0 but i have tpm2.3 and processor must be 1ghz...
  4. windows 11 incompatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 incompatibility: i don't understand about windows 11 that why is newer version specifications are unsupported but older ones are supported can anyone explain me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-incompatibility/a9c826f6-4123-4b56-af01-c1ea1eeb57e3
  5. windows 11 incompatibility

windows 11 incompatibility: i don't understand about windows 11 that why is newer version specifications are unsupported but older ones are supported can anyone explain me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-incompatibility/a9c826f6-4123-4b56-af01-c1ea1eeb57e3
  6. Windows 11 22H2 Incompatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Incompatibility: My Lenovo laptop evidently has the issue where the Windows 11 version 22H2 will not install on my laptop due to an incompatibility with the current version of the Intel Smart Sound Technology drivers. I understand this issue cuts across a number of computer brands and models....
  7. incompatible processor for Windows 11

incompatible processor for Windows 11: Will Microsoft ever allow Intel i7-7500U 2.70 GHz processor to be compatible with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-processor-for-windows-11/6a40e9c0-fadf-4942-aad0-c2e5becbb3bd
  8. WINDOWS 11 FOR INCOMPATIBLE PROCESSOR

WINDOWS 11 FOR INCOMPATIBLE PROCESSOR: Hi,My PC HP spectre 13-ac033dx core i7 7th Gen currently meet all but one of the hardware requirements for the new windows update which is the processor requirement. I'm sure i am not the only one with similar problem who this is affecting. Please kindly include PCs with...
  9. Windows 11 processor incompatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 processor incompatibility: Hi,I was checking my system compatibility with WindowsPCHealthCheckSetup tool for Windows 11. The tool points out my processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz incompatible for Win 11 installation. However, I do see my processor in the list of compatible...
  10. incompatibility in the system

in Windows 10 Support
    incompatibility in the system: Can not turn on mind integrity security setting in windows 10, because it is a incompatibility with the system? how can i solved that problem? 136413