Windows 10: Windows 11 On-screen Keyboard not working on login screen

Discus and support Windows 11 On-screen Keyboard not working on login screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When trying to input the password for login using the on screen keyboard sometimes it stops working after inputing 3 or so keys, theres no error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kevin_AJ, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Kevin_AJ Win User

Windows 11 On-screen Keyboard not working on login screen

When trying to input the password for login using the on screen keyboard sometimes it stops working after inputing 3 or so keys, theres no error message or anything, the keyboard pparently is still usable, but when you click in the keys even tho it does the animation nothing is written in the login screen. Sometimes it works just fine after you rebbot windows once, but sometimes i have to rebbot the pc several times before it works properly. I've seen that updating the S.O seems to resolve the issue, but it has happened to me with several versions of Windows 11, so that is not a viable fix for

:)

Kevin_AJ, Apr 3, 2023

2. Keyboard not working on Login screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and login.

Please Find the screenshot of the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen:

Windows 11 On-screen Keyboard not working on login screen 9c227ccc-8ac4-490c-af6a-3cf42faccbec.png

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 3, 2023
  3. regan1985 Win User
    login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Apr 3, 2023
  4. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Apr 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 On-screen Keyboard not working on login screen - Similar Threads - screen Keyboard working

2. Keyboard AND mouse not working on login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard AND mouse not working on login screen.: I recently switched my anti virus protector. After installing the new anti virus fully, it alerted me to restart my pc so I did. After the pc got its power back my keyboard and mouse were both unresponsive BUT working on other devices and still illuminating the LED’s while...
  3. Keyboard and On-screen not working at Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and On-screen not working at Windows login screen: Hello!I have tried restarting my laptop 3 times and plugged and unplugging my USB keyboard and I sadly still cannot type. I also see my keyboard is not locked because i can press CRTL, ALT and TAB but i cannot type any letters besides that.. I am stuck in the login screen...
  4. Keyboard and On-screen not working at Windows login screen

Keyboard and On-screen not working at Windows login screen: Hello!I have tried restarting my laptop 3 times and plugged and unplugging my USB keyboard and I sadly still cannot type. I also see my keyboard is not locked because i can press CRTL, ALT and TAB but i cannot type any letters besides that.. I am stuck in the login screen...
  5. Windows 11 On-Screen Keyboard not working at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 On-Screen Keyboard not working at login: I'm hoping someone can help with a major issue since the latest Windows 11 update.After the latest Windows 11 update the On-Screen Keyboard will not show on the login screen. The keyboard appears on the screen at start up but as soon as I click the mouse button to put in the...
  6. Windows 11 On-Screen Keyboard not working at login

Windows 11 On-Screen Keyboard not working at login: I'm hoping someone can help with a major issue since the latest Windows 11 update.After the latest Windows 11 update the On-Screen Keyboard will not show on the login screen. The keyboard appears on the screen at start up but as soon as I click the mouse button to put in the...
  7. Windows 11 On-screen Keyboard not working on login screen

Windows 11 On-screen Keyboard not working on login screen: When trying to input the password for login using the on screen keyboard sometimes it stops working after inputing 3 or so keys, theres no error message or anything, the keyboard pparently is still usable, but when you click in the keys even tho it does the animation nothing...
  8. Keyboard not working on login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not working on login screen: So I just recently got a new computer (Alienware Aurora R11) and so far until today, everything has been fine. I turned it on today though and none of the letter keys on my keyboard would function. Numbers, function keys, everything else was fine. But with no letters I wasn't...
  9. Keyboard not working at Windows login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not working at Windows login screen: Hi, Since yesterday I can't login on Windows because my laptop's keyboard wont work when password is required. Judging from the on-screen keyboard it thinks that the Alt-key is pressed. In the BIOS keyboard test it's fine though. Any ideas? Regards Erik [IMG]...
  10. Keyboard not working at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not working at login screen: Hi. I see a lot of people are having different issues logging in. Went out last night for Christmas Eve and when we came home my son could not login to windows 10. At the login screen when we try to enter a pin nothing happened, it’s as if it’s not recognizing the keyboard at...