Windows 10: Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD

Discus and support Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As you see above, the other performance is about the same, but in RND 4K Q32 T16 the speed has dropped significantly. I know that because the two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MJ_JasonM, Oct 16, 2021.

1. MJ_JasonM Win User

Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD

As you see above, the other performance is about the same, but in RND 4K Q32 T16 the speed has dropped significantly. I know that because the two software versions are different and the condition of the computer is different, it is normal for the performance to fluctuate, but this performance also dropped too much, and the performance remained stable low after many tests at different times.

:)

MJ_JasonM, Oct 16, 2021

2. M2 NVME SSD

I found this on a website called velocitymicro:

"Modern motherboards use SATA III which maxes out at a throughput of 600MB/s (or 300MB/s for SATA II, in which case, it’s time to upgrade). Via that connection, most SSDs will provide Read/Write speeds in the neighborhood of 530/500 MB/s. For comparison, a
    7200 RPM SATA drive manages around 100MB/s depending on age, condition, and level of fragmentation. NVMe drives, on the other hand, provide write speeds as high as 3500MB/s. That’s 7x over SATA SSDs and as much as 35x over spinning HDDs!"

Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] on Directly, Oct 17, 2021
  3. shminkie Win User
    M2 NVME SSD

Yeah, NVME SSD's offer greater file transport speeds. But other than that, what is the benefit of it for Windows with it having a direct connection to the CPU?

shminkie, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD

NVME 1.3 Drive Bug

Not sure which update exactly caused this issue to appear but my Adata SX 8200NP appears to have its write speeds capped at SATA speeds of 550MBps despite being an NVME 1.3 SSD managing NVME level sequential read speeds of 2.8GBps.

RudolphSedlin, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD

1. Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD - Similar Threads - has 45% random

2. slow nvme speeds 500mb/s write

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow nvme speeds 500mb/s write: I have a storage setup comprising 20TB of SSD storage, including 3 NVMe SSDs and 5 additional SSDs. The 5 SSDs are configured in RAID 0, achieving approximately 2000MB/s read/write speeds. Similarly, the 2 NVME SSDs, rated at 5000MB/s each, are set up in RAID 0, reaching...
  3. slow nvme speeds 500mb/s write

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow nvme speeds 500mb/s write: I have a storage setup comprising 20TB of SSD storage, including 3 NVMe SSDs and 5 additional SSDs. The 5 SSDs are configured in RAID 0, achieving approximately 2000MB/s read/write speeds. Similarly, the 2 NVME SSDs, rated at 5000MB/s each, are set up in RAID 0, reaching...
  4. Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 only has 45% of random write speed in Nvme SSD: As you see above, the other performance is about the same, but in RND 4K Q32 T16 the speed has dropped significantly. I know that because the two software versions are different and the condition of the computer is different, it is normal for the performance to fluctuate, but...
  5. nvme ssd gets very slow write speed solved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvme ssd gets very slow write speed solved: i got 20000 mb of write speed at first but now only 300 mb.samsung 980 proedit:I SOLVED IT kind ofthe thing is: whenever i restart my pc, the drive becomes slow. but if i shut it down and turn it on manually, it works perfectly fine!!!.it may or may not depend on me turning...
  6. nvme ssd gets very slow write speed

nvme ssd gets very slow write speed: i got 20000 mb of write speed at first but now only 300 mb.samsung 980 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvme-ssd-gets-very-slow-write-speed/de913a0a-916c-4448-b5d4-e52adedbaaaf
  7. NVME ssd not getting full speeds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVME ssd not getting full speeds: I recently bought a sabrent rocket 1tb nvme ssd. After configuring it in windows, it only gets 200mbps write but on other devices raspberry pi 400, raspberry pi 3 i get 3gbps in my asus rog arion enclosure. Why is this happening and how can i fix it?...
  8. 1TB NVMe SSD only has 875.3GB free of 930.97GB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1TB NVMe SSD only has 875.3GB free of 930.97GB: I'm setting up my first ever build and already am fixing a mistake I made. I installed windows with my HDD storage drive also connected so my system reserved partition ended up on that. I re-installed windows this morning with only my 1TB NVMe SSD boot drive connected. I do...
  9. Slow SSD Write Speed

Slow SSD Write Speed: Slow SSD Write Speed Windows 10 build 1909 Recently I have installed 480 GB AS340 PANTHER SATA III SSD. I was getting good Read and write speed well above 500 MB/s Read, and 300 MB/s write. But it's been one week now I am getting my writing speed throttled in a midway. From...
  10. Facing Issues with write speeds on SSD

Facing Issues with write speeds on SSD: Hello Recently I benchmarked my ssd and saw that i have a pretty low write speed considering the speeds I used to get previously. Even Samsung SSD Software reports the same. What could be the issue here? SSD is a Samsung 860 EVO 250GB [img] 135893

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windiws 11 slow ssd performance

2. ssd write windows 11