Windows 10: Windows 11 Opacity and Transparency problems

Discus and support Windows 11 Opacity and Transparency problems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ever since I have upgraded to win 11public build on my MSI GF63 Thin Laptop, I am having problems. Whenever I switch between apps such that one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RishiGupta9, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Opacity and Transparency problems

Ever since I have upgraded to win 11public build on my MSI GF63 Thin Laptop, I am having problems. Whenever I switch between apps such that one overlaps the otherwhich is playing some video like on youtube, the app above is not visibleonly 10% visible but the app supposed to be overlapped is visible playing the video. It also happens with when I open the Start Menu, the Start Menu becomes transparent. In the photos inserted below, I have opened the Start Menu in the first one and an app from Store in second one over youtube. It happens not just in youtube but even in VLC and everything e

:)

RishiGupta9, Dec 9, 2021
  2. Becard Win User

Transparent windows in Linux?

Theres actually a better way to do this.
    Heres how to do it:
    1. Go into the compiz Config settings Manager (which is in System->Preferences->CCSM)
    2. Go to the opacity, Brightness, and Saturation settings, and click the opacity tab.
    3. Now add the following lines under windows specific settings:
    DropdownMenu
    normal
    dialog
    menu
    popupmenu
    tooltip
    notification
    utility

While adding the lines, Makes sure to specify the opacity you want (though I recommend setting it to 90%. Any less and the windows may get a little hard to read)
    This will make ALL of the windows transparent. However, this can get annoying when watching movies, so to fix this, go back into opacity, Brightness, and Saturation settings, and in order to add the apps you want solid, click the + button in the line settings. There should be an option to grab the program (Provided its open), and set the window Opacity to 100%. Now one last thing: Make sure the specialized lines are above the line which make the windows transparent, otherwise this won't work.

Hope this helps.

Becard, Dec 9, 2021
  3. Suhidu Win User
    Photoshop: Creating Transparent Images

• PNG supports Alpha Transparency, that is that the image can have different levels of alpha (or opacity) throughout.
    • GIF supports transparency too, but any part of the image can only be either transparent or opaque. There is no gradual shift, no "Alpha" level to adjust. (And transparency eats into 1/256 of your available colors.)
    • JPEG supports neither form of transparency.
    Internet Explorer did not support transparency in PNGs until IE7, I believe that it would show black instead of the page behind the PNG image. It did, however, support PNGs. (Which are still a great way to achieve a non-lossy, high-color image. (even without transparency))

Suhidu, Dec 9, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Opacity and Transparency problems

Paint3D Suggestion: Transparency setting for objects

Just as the title says.. Can we get have a transparency/opacity setting for 3D objects?

joeygdiperla, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Opacity and Transparency problems

1. Windows 11 Opacity and Transparency problems - Similar Threads - Opacity Transparency problems

2. Aero Transparency Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aero Transparency Problems: Alright so for quite a while now, I've been trying to figure out why the Aero Transparency on my Windows 7 just won't work. I've tried the troubleshooting option and the problem still persists. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but I just need to know what the...
  3. Aero Transparency Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aero Transparency Problems: Alright so for quite a while now, I've been trying to figure out why the Aero Transparency on my Windows 7 just won't work. I've tried the troubleshooting option and the problem still persists. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but I just need to know what the...
  4. Transparency not working in windows 11

Transparency not working in windows 11: My apps and taskbar are not turning translucent. Please give solutions.I know I'm posting this problem again but no one's giving me the right solution....
  5. Windows 11 Opacity and Transparency problems

Windows 11 Opacity and Transparency problems: Ever since I have upgraded to win 11public build on my MSI GF63 Thin Laptop, I am having problems. Whenever I switch between apps such that one overlaps the otherwhich is playing some video like on youtube, the app above is not visibleonly 10% visible but the app supposed to...
  6. Windows 11 transparency bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 transparency bug: I am currently running the latest public build of windows 11, and am facing an issue with the transparency effect on context menu and action center. The issue involves a thick and noticeable white border around otherwise transparent menus. So far, I have tried the...
  7. half screen opacity

in Windows 10 Customization
    half screen opacity: hello, does someone encounter a half screen opacity at their laptops? if yes what would I need to do in order to get the half screen opacity.any tips, answer, comments would be helpful thank you so much in advance....
  8. Taskbar Opacity

Taskbar Opacity: The Taskbar opacity for light windows mode is uncomfortable for me. I don't want to use the dark windows mode anymore. I want a little moretranslucent Taskbar like that of the Start Menu. Please anyone can tell me how to edit the registry to do that. I don't want to...
  9. Transparency problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Transparency problem: During gpu (rx570) driver installation my taskbar get fully transparent but after the pc restart it barely transparent as during driver installation. How can i get the transparent taskbar? Windows 10 1903 135082
  10. Change Taskbar opacity

Change Taskbar opacity: Hello everyone, I'm currently testing Windows 10 (in virtualbox), I use Classic Shell to change the taskbar opacity. Has anyone found a way to do this manually? 10086