Windows 10: Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

Discus and support Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning, I would like to update to windows 11 in the coming days. My laptop is currently running windows 10. As I have a lot of important tabs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ioannis Sagonas, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

Good morning, I would like to update to windows 11 in the coming days. My laptop is currently running windows 10. As I have a lot of important tabs open in Google Chrome I would like to keep them also after the upgrade. Is that possible? If not, could I just save them as bookmarks? But then the question begs, if these data will be available after the update, because I read that after the upgrade there is no guarantee that the bookmarks will be still there for me to use. Is there any other solution I can not think of? Thanks Ioannis *** moved from german to english Community ***

:)

Ioannis Sagonas, Jan 23, 2023

2. Windows 11: Alt+Tab with multiple Chrome windows open

I have the following windows open in a Windows 11 desktop:

• 3 Google Chrome windows (one with two tabs)
    • 1 Excel 2010 window (with 3 workbooks open)
    • 1 Windows Explorer window
    • 1 Adobe Acrobat window (1 document tab open)
    The focus is on the Excel window.

I press Alt+Tab.

This brings 1 of the Chrome windows into focus

I press Alt+Tab.

This should bring the Excel window back into focus?

It does not!

This brings the 2nd Chrome window into focus.

To get the Excel window back into focus, I have to Alt+Tab 4 times, "past" the 3 Chrome windows and the Acrobat window.

****?

Please tell me this is a defect that is going to be fixed soon and not some new behavior?

Rick O. Henry, Jan 23, 2023
  3. Callender Win User
    How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome

Well perhaps a tab manager would allow you to easily identify and close unwanted tabs as well as providing a list of open tabs that you can click to open. Plus import or export tab lists so that you don't loose them. Anyway that was my line of thinking.

Everywhere I look - it seems that there is no way to override external link handling in Chrome by design.

One thing you can do is use this extension:

Open Link in Same Tab - Chrome Web Store

It does open external links in the same tab but requires a right click to choose option from context menu.

Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome 232025d1556476128t-how-force-open-link-same-tab-google-chrome-open-external-link-same-tab.jpg

Callender, Jan 23, 2023
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

1. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Open Tabs Google

2. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome: Good morning, I would like to update to windows 11 in the coming days. My laptop is currently running windows 10. As I have a lot of important tabs open in Google Chrome I would like to keep them also after the upgrade. Is that possible? If not, could I just save them as...
  3. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome: Good morning, I would like to update to windows 11 in the coming days. My laptop is currently running windows 10. As I have a lot of important tabs open in Google Chrome I would like to keep them also after the upgrade. Is that possible? If not, could I just save them as...
  4. Google Chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome will not open: I just got this Laptop and with Windows 11 I tried to download Google Chrome it installed but would not open for me to set up. Whenever I click on the icon nothing happens...
  5. is that a google chrome tabs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is that a google chrome tabs?: the number beside google chrome, is that how may tabs you have open? or what? because i only have 2 tabs open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-google-chrome-tabs/e2a376d1-e8f8-4739-a5b7-4d2e63794770
  6. google chrome is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google chrome is not opening: the application has failed to start because it side-by-side configuration is incorrect.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-is-not-opening/a3cdf030-932d-47ff-b600-126b74d92256
  7. Google Chrome not not Opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome not not Opening: I use Google Chrome for a lot of things and I can't get on because it won't let me. Every time I click on Chrome to open, it doesn't open. I have tried every method ranging from YouTube videos to comments like these and nothing seems to be working. Can anyone of you reply to...
  8. google chrome will not open

google chrome will not open: My google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/e7e33c03-3800-48fe-ae99-bd241f75b1c0
  9. google chrome will not open

google chrome will not open: Restarted my computer and now Google Chrome will not open up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/ac556932-f95f-4c55-887f-dbe4c5984b43
  10. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome will not open: Google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/5daf90aa-2128-4caf-9296-d3470efb3b3b