Windows 10: Windows 11 password

Discus and support Windows 11 password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to change my Windows 11 password, without changing my Microsoft account's password.I used to have two different passwords just a few days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pleasehelp-, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Windows 11 password

I want to change my Windows 11 password, without changing my Microsoft account's password.I used to have two different passwords just a few days before, however, an app called Avira was downloaded automatically after which now I have the same passwords for my Microsoft account AND my Windows 11 PC.

:)

Pleasehelp-, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

4. Windows 11 password

Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password

If you use a local admin account in Windows 11 and you have forgotten your password, the following tips will help you perfectly resolve your issue. Procedures with screenshots Please read the details.

Tip 1: Reset Windows 11 Local Admin Password by Answering Security Questions.

Step 1: On the Windows 11 login screen, you will get a message says the password is incorrect after you entered a wrong password. Select “OK” to go back.

Step 2: There will be a password reset link appears under the password box. Select the Reset password link.

Step 3: Give the pre-set answers to your security questions.

Step 4: Type a new password twice and then click “OK”.

Step 5: You will now be able to sign in as usual with the new password.

Tip 2: Reset Windows 11 Local Administrator Password with Password Reset Disk.

Step 1: In the Windows 11 login screen, select your local administrator. When you enter a wrong password, you will get a message says the password is incorrect. Select “OK” to back into the login screen.

Step 2: Windows 11 gives you a link for resetting the local administrator password. Now insert your password reset disk and then select the reset password link under the password box.

Step 3: Password reset wizard appears, click on “Next”.

Step 4: Select the password reset disk you inserted and then click “Next”.

Step 5: Type a new password and retype it to confirm. Click “Next”. Then finish.

Tip 3: Reset Windows 11 Local Administrator Password with Command Prompt. (Require Windows Install Media)

Note: If you use this, please make sure that you complete the following steps. The important thing is you need to replace the utilman file with cmd and this must be happened in your system drive.

Step 1: Boot your computer from an official Windows 11 installation DVD/USB disk. When Windows setup screen appears, select “Next”.

Step 2: Select “Repair your computer” link.

Step 3: Under “Choose an option”, select “Troubleshoot”.

Step 4: Under “Troubleshoot”, select “Command Prompt”.

Step 5: At the command window, type the following commands. (Press Enter key after each command)

1. Move c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe c:\ (If your system drive is not in C, please replace C with yours.)
    2. Copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
    Step 6: Remove the Windows installation disk and then use the following computer to reboot the computer: type “wpeutil reboot” and then press Enter key.

Step 7: PC reboots and loads the Windows 11 login screen. Click “Ease of access” icon.

Step 8: Command Prompt window appears. Type “net user administrator 123456” and then press Enter key. The new password 123456 is what you want.

BarkeySilend, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 password

1. Windows 11 password - Similar Threads - password

2. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  3. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  4. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  5. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  6. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?: Hello, my question is simple, but the solution is likely complicated.I’m wondering if there is a way to enable signing into Windows 11 via a single mouseclick, rather than using a PIN or Password. To clarify, when I’m done with my pc I usually sign out and let it sit on the...
  8. Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?

Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?: Hello, my question is simple, but the solution is likely complicated.I’m wondering if there is a way to enable signing into Windows 11 via a single mouseclick, rather than using a PIN or Password. To clarify, when I’m done with my pc I usually sign out and let it sit on the...
  9. My email won't sign in, yes it's the right password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My email won't sign in, yes it's the right password: Why cant I sign in to my email even though its the right password on my Samsung galaxy tablet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-wont-sign-in-yes-its-the-right-password/084e4eea-4567-40fa-afd1-26b7a6561abc
  10. My email won't sign in, yes it's the right password

My email won't sign in, yes it's the right password: Why cant I sign in to my email even though its the right password on my Samsung galaxy tablet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-wont-sign-in-yes-its-the-right-password/084e4eea-4567-40fa-afd1-26b7a6561abc