Windows 10: Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password

Discus and support Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am running Windows 11 on a new computer purchased a week ago.Every time I boot the computer up, it asks for a password.I find this very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TansukhGanatra, May 22, 2022.

1. Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password

Hello,I am running Windows 11 on a new computer purchased a week ago.Every time I boot the computer up, it asks for a password.I find this very irritating and since I am the only user of the computer for home use, I would like to disable this feature.I have gone through numerous meus, etc. to try and deactivate this feature, but to no avail.Would appreciate assistance on this matter.Thanking You, Tansukh V. Ganatra

:)

TansukhGanatra, May 22, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, May 22, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password

1. Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password - Similar Threads - booting without having

2. How do I sign in without having to enter a password or anything?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I sign in without having to enter a password or anything?: I tried checking the Microsoft support page, but nothing.I don't need it to require me to enter my password, or any biometrics , and such.I used to just click "Sign in" and it would automatically sign me in.But, when me and my Mom went to repair my laptop, since it had...
  3. How do I sign in without having to enter a password or anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I sign in without having to enter a password or anything?: I tried checking the Microsoft support page, but nothing.I don't need it to require me to enter my password, or any biometrics , and such.I used to just click "Sign in" and it would automatically sign me in.But, when me and my Mom went to repair my laptop, since it had...
  4. How do I sign in without having to enter a password or anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?

Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?: I dont ewant to have to enter a password to open my computer. Is there a way to bypass the password requirement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-have-a-password-to-enter-windows/e9a2a6f0-ccbe-449b-a41d-5e8fd138bb3f
  6. Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password

Windows 11 PC --- booting up without having to enter a password: Hello,I am running Windows 11 on a new computer purchased a week ago.Every time I boot the computer up, it asks for a password.I find this very irritating and since I am the only user of the computer for home use, I would like to disable this feature.I have gone through...
  7. Switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time: I have a Windows 10 computer with several accounts. How can users switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time? Thanks....
  8. Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.: I now use a LOCAL ACCOUNT to sign in to my computers WITHOUT a pin or password, BUT I get email after email telling me to verify my account. I have blocked, designated as junk, reported them as phishing and they still come everyday. I want to see if I start logging in with my...
  9. Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.: When I turn on my Acer PC Windows 10 boots up to the wallpaper screen where the date and time are showing in the lower left corner and the monitor is showing in the lower right corner. When I press any key to bring up where I enter the password the screen goes black for a...
  10. Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.: When I turn on my Acer PC Windows 10 boots up to the wallpaper screen where the date and time are showing in the lower left corner and the monitor is showing in the lower right corner. When I press any key to bring up where I enter the password the screen goes black for a...