Windows 10: Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games.

Discus and support Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having problems with my pc. When i run games like Fallout 4, COD 4 MW Remastered, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Wolfenstein: YoungBlood, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UnveiledArk, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games.

Hello, I'm having problems with my pc. When i run games like Fallout 4, COD 4 MW Remastered, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Wolfenstein: YoungBlood, my computer locks up then reboots. I've already tried disabling Game dvr/Xbox dvr. I've updated my graphics driver, my OS, Windows Store. My PC Specs areWindows 11 HomeCPU IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Ram 32.0 GB GPU Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

:)

UnveiledArk, Aug 15, 2022

2. IE 11 keeps freezing and shutting down when I'm playing MSN Games.

It seems that since I installed Norton Security, IE 11 keeps freezing and shutting down when I'm playing MSN Games. What can I do?

* Original title: Internet Explorer 11

J Hunt5358, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games.

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games.

1. Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games. - Similar Threads - freezes shuts down

2. PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing after playing games force shut down: First of all my specs:ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHzVideo CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Operating SystemWindows 10RAM16 GBI dont know what to do, im playing games like for 1 hour then randomly it crashes. No sound, my monitor is stop working and the only thing i...
  3. PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezing after playing games force shut down: First of all my specs:ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHzVideo CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Operating SystemWindows 10RAM16 GBI dont know what to do, im playing games like for 1 hour then randomly it crashes. No sound, my monitor is stop working and the only thing i...
  4. PC Freezing after playing games force shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC crashes and shuts down when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes and shuts down when trying to play games: No matter how good or bad the video game is with a few rare games - gta, wrestling empire my pc crashes when clicking start to play a game the error log is below, any help would be appreciated - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System>...
  6. PC crashes and shuts down when trying to play games

PC crashes and shuts down when trying to play games: No matter how good or bad the video game is with a few rare games - gta, wrestling empire my pc crashes when clicking start to play a game the error log is below, any help would be appreciated - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System>...
  7. PC crashes and shuts down when trying to play games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer will freeze and shut down when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will freeze and shut down when playing certain games: For example, I can play chivalry 2 and fallout 4 easily. But when its games like total War Hammer 3 and Hell let loose, it crashes when loading. I think it may be a graphics card issue. Here are the errors: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 1/22/2023 6:10:47 PM Event ID:...
  9. Computer will freeze and shut down when playing certain games

Computer will freeze and shut down when playing certain games: For example, I can play chivalry 2 and fallout 4 easily. But when its games like total War Hammer 3 and Hell let loose, it crashes when loading. I think it may be a graphics card issue. Here are the errors: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 1/22/2023 6:10:47 PM Event ID:...
  10. Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC freezes/shuts down when playing games.: Hello, I'm having problems with my pc. When i run games like Fallout 4, COD 4 MW Remastered, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Wolfenstein: YoungBlood, my computer locks up then reboots. I've already tried disabling Game dvr/Xbox dvr. I've updated my graphics driver, my OS, Windows...