Windows 10: Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update

Discus and support Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, my girlfriend has a Windows 11 PC that was pre-built.2 times in the past it has done a weird thing where normal microsoft applications and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lewis Roper, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update

Hi there, my girlfriend has a Windows 11 PC that was pre-built.2 times in the past it has done a weird thing where normal microsoft applications and general Windows stuff stops working. For example, the start menu/search bar won’t open, Microsoft To Do or sticky notes doesn’t work either. Another key thing that stops working is that the PC won’t recognise anything that I plug in with a USB. Therefore, I was unable to use Windows Installation Media to reinstall Windows. The only solution was to reset the PC using safe mode.This time, the same thing has happened however:- Now the PC fails to rec

:)

Lewis Roper, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 14, 2023
  3. TC-man Win User
    Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Mar 14, 2023
  4. Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update

Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Mar 14, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update

1. Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update - Similar Threads - keeps breaking usually

2. Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC keeps breaking, usually after an update: Hi there, my girlfriend has a Windows 11 PC that was pre-built.2 times in the past it has done a weird thing where normal microsoft applications and general Windows stuff stops working. For example, the start menu/search bar won’t open, Microsoft To Do or sticky notes doesn’t...
  3. Windows breaking after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows breaking after update: Hi all, really hoping someone can help me with this. Until about a month ago my PC was completely fine, then it said it had to update so I restarted. Only for it to crash during boot sequence. It was obvious that it had completely broken windows since windows went into...
  4. Windows 11 keeps breaking itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps breaking itself: I recently updated to Windows 11 on my PC which previous ran Windows 10. It officially supports and meets the requirements to run Windows 11.However, after several days of using Windows 11, the OS starts to break itself in the following ways:The taskbar is completely blanked...
  5. Windows 11 keeps breaking itself

Windows 11 keeps breaking itself: I recently updated to Windows 11 on my PC which previous ran Windows 10. It officially supports and meets the requirements to run Windows 11.However, after several days of using Windows 11, the OS starts to break itself in the following ways:The taskbar is completely blanked...
  6. Windows 11 PC Health Checkup wrong, as usual for Windows updates.

Windows 11 PC Health Checkup wrong, as usual for Windows updates.: Windows 11 PC Health Checkup shows that my computer does not have an "APPROVED PROCESSOR", yet the following is from the website ...https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements... which shows my processor is "APPROVED", AMD...
  7. Windows auto update keeps breaking pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows auto update keeps breaking pc: Every time i get a forced automatic update my pc tells me it ran into a problem and needs to restart, than it uninstalls the update after 4 or 5 restarts and it works. Please does anyone have a fix. submitted by /u/Lightwingames [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 keeps breaking my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps breaking my PC: A week ago, my computer stopped booting entirely due to what I assume is a failure to load Windows 10, and automatic repair, attempting to reinstall, and various other solutions never worked. I assumed my main drive was broken, so I reset my computer with the drive removed...
  9. Windows updates keep breaking my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows updates keep breaking my pc: When I started using Windows 10 everything was fine, but this changed when the updates came. This is definitely the WORST experience I've ever had with Windows, and I even thought Vista wasn't that bad. This is the experience I've had since the installation in 2015: 1....
  10. Windows 10 keeps breaking after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 keeps breaking after update: Computer Specifications: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0058wm | HP® Customer Support Hello, I have had this computer for about 3 months and was only used for playing games. It was working well until a windows 10 update. The computer displayed an error and restarted. I don't...