Windows 10: Windows 11 Photo app does not trim videos anymore. It exits from the app as soon as I try...

Discus and support Windows 11 Photo app does not trim videos anymore. It exits from the app as soon as I try... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used to be able to trim a video easily in Windows 10 Photo app. Now, as soon as I start a trim, the app closes. I have tried to do a repair and reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Elena Galbraith, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Photo app does not trim videos anymore. It exits from the app as soon as I try...

I used to be able to trim a video easily in Windows 10 Photo app. Now, as soon as I start a trim, the app closes. I have tried to do a repair and reset in Settings. I am at a loss as to what I should do. I used this function all the time in Windows 10.

:)

Elena Galbraith, Dec 7, 2022
  2. martin Win User

Photos app - trim a video - error

Hello,
    I am trying to use the built-in Windows 10 Photos app to trim a video.
    I have the video playing in the Photos app and click "Trim Video" at the top.
    I move the sliders to select the start and end points.
    I click "Save a copy" at top-right.
    The app says "It looks as though you don't have permissions to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead."
    Having just clicked "Save a copy", I am confused as to why this error message is appearing.
    I've tried copying the .mp4 to my VIDEOS folder on C: drive with the same result.
    Some research has suggested to run the Photos app as Administrator, but I can't figure out how to do that.
    Any suggestions on how to trim a video would be appreciated!
    Thanks,

martin, Dec 7, 2022
  3. Cannot save trimmed videos using the Photos App

I have a couple videos that I want to trim down in the Photos App; however, every time I attempt to trim the video, Photos would crash. After crashing, a trimmed file of the video would show up, but I cannot view the new clip.

KernelCatsup, Dec 7, 2022
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Windows 11 Photo app does not trim videos anymore. It exits from the app as soon as I try...

Editing (trimming) a video in Windows 10's 'Photos' App automatically saves copy with wrong date.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

I appreciate your interest in Photos app. We did try to reproduce the issue on our test systems and trimmed video was saved with the date and time on which it was edition. So the issue could be with photos app as you mentioned that you system time
    is correct. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store. You can also try to re-install the app
    using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can either install the app from the store or type the following command in PowerShell:
      Reinstalling apps: Get-AppXPackage -allusers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Regards,

Naresh_K, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Photo app does not trim videos anymore. It exits from the app as soon as I try...

1. Windows 11 Photo app does not trim videos anymore. It exits from the app as soon as I try... - Similar Threads - Photo app does

2. Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.: I seem to be unable to trim videos in the Photo app. Usually stalls at around 20% and would sit there long term without saving the trim. It had worked fine before the last update. Ideas?...
  3. Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.: I seem to be unable to trim videos in the Photo app. Usually stalls at around 20% and would sit there long term without saving the trim. It had worked fine before the last update. Ideas?...
  4. Cannot Trim Videos in Photo App for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Trim Videos in Photo App for Windows 11: The option to trim videos is greyed out for me when I want to trim videos. I save replays from nVidia GeForce and when I go and try to trim, it doesn't let me.I tried to reset the app and even used the legacy app, but that brings another issue with horrible frame rate and...
  5. Cannot Trim Videos in Photo App for Windows 11

Cannot Trim Videos in Photo App for Windows 11: The option to trim videos is greyed out for me when I want to trim videos. I save replays from nVidia GeForce and when I go and try to trim, it doesn't let me.I tried to reset the app and even used the legacy app, but that brings another issue with horrible frame rate and...
  6. Windows 11 Photo app does not trim videos anymore. It exits from the app as soon as I try...

Windows 11 Photo app does not trim videos anymore. It exits from the app as soon as I try...: I used to be able to trim a video easily in Windows 10 Photo app. Now, as soon as I start a trim, the app closes. I have tried to do a repair and reset in Settings. I am at a loss as to what I should do. I used this function all the time in Windows 10....
  7. Photos App won't trim a video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App won't trim a video: I'm trying to trim down an .avi file so I can send a short clip through email, I know there are a myriad of options such as file hosting and cloud storage to solve this, but the bosses want it sent through email so thats what they're gonna get. My problem is when I trim it...
  8. Photos app does not always render trimmed video

Photos app does not always render trimmed video: Hello, If I want to trim a video using the Photos app, I always need to place the app's window somewhere in sight, in the active pane. If it is in the background meaning if I have another app, like Google, and the other ones I do not see, it does not render the trimmed video...
  9. Trimming Videos in Photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trimming Videos in Photos app: Sometime in the last calendar year, you went from being able to choose the location of where you wanted the trimmed version of your video to be exported to from the Photos app, to only being able to automatically save the trimmed video to the same location as the source...
  10. Trimming videos using Photos App...

Trimming videos using Photos App...: Re: Trimming videos using the Photos App Any ideas why, when I trim an .mp4 created using Xbox game bar, that the resulting .mp4 is an exponentially smaller file? E.g. I cut 5 mins off a 2 hour video and the file size went from 2mb to .65mb? I personally don't notice...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. just loading not trimming on windows 11