Windows 10: Windows 11 Photos App - Update

Discus and support Windows 11 Photos App - Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Has the Photos app in Win11 been updated to remove Spotfix and "remove red-eye"? If so - why? Are there alternative features that will take care of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatnStephen, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Photos App - Update

Has the Photos app in Win11 been updated to remove Spotfix and "remove red-eye"? If so - why? Are there alternative features that will take care of these issues in the new update? If so, what are they? This is really messing with my work!

:)

PatnStephen, Jan 7, 2022

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 7, 2022
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 7, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Photos App - Update

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Photos App - Update

1. Windows 11 Photos App - Update - Similar Threads - Photos App Update

2. Photos app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app in Windows 11: Is there a way to tag and organize photos in albums? I'm really trying to use this to keep from buying other apps, but it seems so basic. And the help page is pretty useless. I've already reset the database once the folder button showed tons of folders in the Windows...
  3. Photo App on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App on Windows 11: Hello guys!I'm just update to Windows 11 few weeks ago, photo app has change and looks good, but I have a problem with effect/animation on Photo app, when I move mouse cursor on image, the animation/effect make that image glow and it really annoying. I want to turn off this...
  4. Windows 11 Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Photo App: WHERE IS THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL? WHY IS IT THIS HARD TO FIND OUT HOW TO USE THIS APP? I've just lost 2 hrs on my project due to this and I'm not a happy camper at the moment.I have zillions of photos on my hard drive. PRIOR TO UPGRADING TO 11, I COULD simply move photos from...
  5. Windows 11 Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos App: Windows 11 photos App removed two significant features, the spot fix and red-eye remover. Will the app be updated, or is there a way to install the old photo app on Windows 11?...
  6. Windows 11 Photos App

Windows 11 Photos App: Windows 11 photos App removed two significant features, the spot fix and red-eye remover. Will the app be updated, or is there a way to install the old photo app on Windows 11?...
  7. Windows 11 Photos App - Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos App - Update: Has the Photos app in Win11 been updated to remove Spotfix and "remove red-eye"? If so - why? Are there alternative features that will take care of these issues in the new update? If so, what are they? This is really messing with my work!...
  8. Windows 11 Photo App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photo App: Since downloading Windows 11 I have noticed that in the Photo App that a smaller photo appears alongside the original photo. I deleted the smaller slim size photo but it deleted the other one as well. Seems to be when automatically downloads photos from my Galaxy A41 phone....
  9. Windows 11 Photo App

Windows 11 Photo App: Since downloading Windows 11 I have noticed that in the Photo App that a smaller photo appears alongside the original photo. I deleted the smaller slim size photo but it deleted the other one as well. Seems to be when automatically downloads photos from my Galaxy A41 phone....
  10. Windows 11 Photos App

Windows 11 Photos App: I have run the automatic tag of people but it hasn't paired consistently. If I have a picture of my daughters then it will include a picture with one daughter but not necessarily the other. How do I manually add the same picture to an additional name?Thanks...