Windows 10: Windows 11 Photos editing

Discus and support Windows 11 Photos editing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having difficulty using the new version of Photos particularly editing images and adjusting brightness. The old version was very easy and did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adam Kent, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Adam Kent Win User

Windows 11 Photos editing

I am having difficulty using the new version of Photos particularly editing images and adjusting brightness. The old version was very easy and did a good job but when I increase brightness now it just floods the image with light and background details are lost. I've tweaked all the available adjustments but cannot get anyway near the same results as on the Windows 10 version. Any ideas?

:)

Adam Kent, Feb 4, 2022

2. Automatic Update Made Photo Editing Not Work Correctly

This is NOT solved--just fixed.
    Microsoft ran an automated update a couple of days ago and now photo editing is not working the way it did previously. I shoot a lot of photos for a local news website and after editing, saved them with new names that help me sort--so, for example, football photos might be F1, f2, etc. After the update, when i edit a photo, it saves only as a copy of the original name (IMG4028, for example, so I get IMG4028(2). Only after I do that, do I get the "save as" option back, which means i either give up my naming convention or have two or more copies of everything.
    Any suggestions? The "save as" option does not appear in the first step anymore.

ADDED: It's the software that came bundled with the Windows 10 Edge computer--it's just the Photos app.

Thank you.

Pam Robinson, Feb 4, 2022
  3. Photos / Edit Stopped Working

This seems to be a hiccup with the application's software. What you can try is to do the following steps which will reset the internal state of the Photo app:

• Press Windows button + R.
    • Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of that folder

Let us know if this suggestion helped.

Regene Jos, Feb 4, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Photos editing

Transferring Photos from iPhone7 with IOS 11 to PC with Windows 10

• I took 3 photos with my phone and tried to send them to my PC.

I downloaded the photos from iCloud to my PC using a USB cable, but then I could not find the pics after searching every link and folder.

So I went to the multicolored photos app on my iphone, checked the photos and mailed them to myself with the intent of copying them to the desktop or storing them in my pics or download folder.

The files are jpegs but when I saved them to my desktop, so I could attach them to an email message, it did not work.

The pics were stored in html, only option; and I have a big Google icon as a shortcut.

So........I have three pics in an email message but I can't drag them anywhere else.

How can I convert them or take a pic to be stored in the same manner if I saw a pic online and right clicked to save?

I want to move them from the iPhone to an email message.

I want to use them as an attachment ( jpeg? ) but ideally I would like to post the pic in my email so it occupies a larger area that does not need expanding like a jpeg photo.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Raymond
      DallasSilver Iphone 7 128GB

EDITREPORT
      + QUOTEREPLY

Windows 11 Photos editing avatar_male_m.png

RaymondWindoz10, Feb 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Photos editing

1. Windows 11 Photos editing - Similar Threads - Photos editing

2. Photo editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo editing: I just got a new computer Windows 11. How do I crop a photo to 4x6? Everything is in ratios. Also is there a better photo editing program? I had Windows 8 before It had Windows Photo Viewer which was GREAT and the editing options were MUCH better than this program. Anyway to...
  3. Photo editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo editing: I just got a new computer Windows 11. How do I crop a photo to 4x6? Everything is in ratios. Also is there a better photo editing program? I had Windows 8 before It had Windows Photo Viewer which was GREAT and the editing options were MUCH better than this program. Anyway to...
  4. Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.: All my edited photos are being saved into "Gallery", instead of them going back into the folder that they came from. This means I have to cut them individually and paste them into "Pictures" where they show up at the bottom of all my photos folders and from there I have to...
  5. Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.

Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.: All my edited photos are being saved into "Gallery", instead of them going back into the folder that they came from. This means I have to cut them individually and paste them into "Pictures" where they show up at the bottom of all my photos folders and from there I have to...
  6. Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing: I have a large gallery of photos stored on my computer in a folder which is connected to a dropbox. I am going through and editing them with Microsoft Photos 2024.11010.10002.0, cropping them and sometimes adjusting the contrast/brightness/etc.Every so often say 1 in 10 times...
  7. Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing

Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing: I have a large gallery of photos stored on my computer in a folder which is connected to a dropbox. I am going through and editing them with Microsoft Photos 2024.11010.10002.0, cropping them and sometimes adjusting the contrast/brightness/etc.Every so often say 1 in 10 times...
  8. Photo Editing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Editing: I have lost the ability to edit my photos. There used to be a bar for choosing crop, straighten,edit,markup, etc. No longer there. Also can not go into a folder, choose a picture and no arrow to review all photos in that folder....
  9. Photo Editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Editing: I have lost the ability to edit my photos. There used to be a bar for choosing crop, straighten,edit,markup, etc. No longer there. Also can not go into a folder, choose a picture and no arrow to review all photos in that folder....
  10. Photo Editing