Windows 10: Windows 11 Photos filmstrip

Discus and support Windows 11 Photos filmstrip in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If the filmstrip at the bottom of the screen when you open a folder of photos in Windows 11 irritates you as much as it irritates me, try this:1. Open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fat Fred, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Fat Fred Win User

Windows 11 Photos filmstrip

If the filmstrip at the bottom of the screen when you open a folder of photos in Windows 11 irritates you as much as it irritates me, try this:1. Open the folder This will open the first photo in the folder, with the filmstrip at the bottom of the screen2. Left-click on the photo Hey presto! The filmstrip disappears and it doesn't come back when you click on the > to scroll forward to the next photo.Works for me, anyway.

:)

Fat Fred, Feb 7, 2023
  2. MarkOSTL Win User

Windows 10 Filmstrip photo viewer

I find it interesting that MS response to this question is to sidestep or make other excuses to explain that the newer version of ways to view photos is better than the old Windows Xp Filmstrip view setting. The MS people writing the programs clearly do
    not work with 1000's of photos in their daily work, needing to skip from 1 to another pic with out actually opening a photo in some program.

The filmstrip viewer did briefly make appearance is later versions but was removed with updates with the lame xtra large, large, medium, and small folder setting - all of these are the same thing, so why not eliminate all but the large, and go back to allowing
    the filmstrip view setting.

MS programmers are so bad not knowing that when an "upgrade" is actually worse, they alienate their customers. As an architect I would love a setting on the homes of all MS employees that randomly changed the locks on their doors, what drawer their silverware
    was located, and many random things to annoy them and make their home perform worse each time they did an update to MS program.

Just fix it and bring back filmstrip and keep it there. Learn from your mistakes, and admit you are wrong, and fix it.

MarkOSTL, Feb 7, 2023
  3. McCage Win User
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

I successfully restored Windows Photo Viewer in my Windows 10 installation. But Photo Viewer as I know it, had a filmstrip under the larger picture where one could see the other pictures in the same folder. This was very handy because the pictures in the filmstrip could easily be copied into another folder by swiping the picture to that folder. I did not find this filmstrip in the refound installation. Somebody here can tip me to bring this fantastic feature back?

McCage, Feb 7, 2023
  4. Callender Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

DigiCam has the feature if you enable image preview. You can select thumbnail from "filmstrip" and drag it to any folder in the navigation pane. There's no need to make it the default photo viewer.

Callender, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Photos filmstrip - Similar Threads - Photos filmstrip

2. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  3. Hide filmstrip in Photos windows app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide filmstrip in Photos windows app?: Hello. New windows update new atrocities.Since today whenever I open any photo in mentioned app, 1/5 of it is invisible because it is covered with filmstrip which contains thumbnails of other photos from that folder. I discovered that pressing F button on keyboard removes...
  4. Hide filmstrip in Photos windows app?

Hide filmstrip in Photos windows app?: Hello. New windows update new atrocities.Since today whenever I open any photo in mentioned app, 1/5 of it is invisible because it is covered with filmstrip which contains thumbnails of other photos from that folder. I discovered that pressing F button on keyboard removes...
  5. Disable Microsoft Photo filmstrip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Microsoft Photo filmstrip: Hi,Microsoft Photos was recently automatically updated to version 2023.11080.4003.0.A filmstrip is now shown at the bottom of the window, showing thumbnails of images in the same directory as the viewed image.It can be disabled by pressing F, but only for the current...
  6. Disable Microsoft Photo filmstrip

Disable Microsoft Photo filmstrip: Hi,Microsoft Photos was recently automatically updated to version 2023.11080.4003.0.A filmstrip is now shown at the bottom of the window, showing thumbnails of images in the same directory as the viewed image.It can be disabled by pressing F, but only for the current...
  7. Where are Photo filmstrip and handles?

Where are Photo filmstrip and handles?: New installation, newest version.Photo app only shows a single photo at a time. No filmstrip and no handles to advance to next photo.In Settings the filmstrip is set to on....
  8. Where are Photo filmstrip and handles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are Photo filmstrip and handles?: New installation, newest version.Photo app only shows a single photo at a time. No filmstrip and no handles to advance to next photo.In Settings the filmstrip is set to on....
  9. Windows 11 Photos filmstrip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos filmstrip: If the filmstrip at the bottom of the screen when you open a folder of photos in Windows 11 irritates you as much as it irritates me, try this:1. Open the folder This will open the first photo in the folder, with the filmstrip at the bottom of the screen2. Left-click on the...
  10. Windows 10 Filmstrip photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Filmstrip photo viewer: I find it interesting that MS response to this question is to sidestep or make other excuses to explain that the newer version of ways to view photos is better than the old Windows Xp Filmstrip view setting. The MS people writing the programs clearly do not work with 1000's...