Windows 10: Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up

Discus and support Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am an IT administrator at my work and I am setting up a brand new laptop to replace my current one. It is running windows 11 and is a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Blair Purkiss, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up

Hello,I am an IT administrator at my work and I am setting up a brand new laptop to replace my current one. It is running windows 11 and is a fresh install. When I have logged in with my work email, It asks me to set up my PIN, which I do so, I then get the following error:I cannot find the error code 0x801c0027 anywhere. I've set up other new laptops for other users in the same way and there has not been a PIN issue. I have reset the PC completely and tried again with no change, I have also gone into my AppData folder and deleted the Ngc folder without any resolution.Can anyone help?

:)

Blair Purkiss, Nov 9, 2022

2. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin.

Surface book2; I got this message "Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. we weren't able to set up your pin. You can try again, or skip this step and set up PIN later" since 2 years ago until now. I looked through all the suggested like NGC file, DISM command, gpedit.msc, and more. I really don't want to reinstall everything because it will cause more problem and time.

please fix this problem.

thank you

jun liang tan, Nov 9, 2022
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Nov 9, 2022
  4. Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up

1. Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up - Similar Threads - PIN able set

2. Windows 11 PIN Set Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PIN Set Up: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. During set up, it's asking me to create a PIN. When I enter my PIN twice per the instructions, I get an error message and offer to try again or skip for now. I've tried it dozens of times with the same results, and even reloaded Windows...
  3. Windows 11 PIN Set Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PIN Set Up: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. During set up, it's asking me to create a PIN. When I enter my PIN twice per the instructions, I get an error message and offer to try again or skip for now. I've tried it dozens of times with the same results, and even reloaded Windows...
  4. Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory?: Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-setting-up-a-pin-for-windows-11-mandatory/d852798b-d7b7-4ab5-a068-ff0435bfdfdb
  5. Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up - Error 0x801c0027

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up - Error 0x801c0027: Hello,I am an IT administrator at my work and I am setting up a brand new laptop to replace my current one. It is running windows 11 and is a fresh install. When I have logged in with my work email, It asks me to set up my PIN, which I do so, I then get the following error:I...
  6. Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up - Error 0x801c0027

Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up - Error 0x801c0027: Hello,I am an IT administrator at my work and I am setting up a brand new laptop to replace my current one. It is running windows 11 and is a fresh install. When I have logged in with my work email, It asks me to set up my PIN, which I do so, I then get the following error:I...
  7. Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up

Windows 11 PIN not able to be set up: Hello,I am an IT administrator at my work and I am setting up a brand new laptop to replace my current one. It is running windows 11 and is a fresh install. When I have logged in with my work email, It asks me to set up my PIN, which I do so, I then get the following error:I...
  8. We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN: Hi! I want to find a solution to fix the problem I am having about log-in options on Windows 11. First, I want to change my computer's PIN from the old password to the new password. I got the error «Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources» and I...
  9. We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN

We Weren't Able To Set Up Your PIN: Hi! I want to find a solution to fix the problem I am having about log-in options on Windows 11. First, I want to change my computer's PIN from the old password to the new password. I got the error «Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources» and I...
  10. Not able to set up my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to set up my pin: [IMG]Not able to set up my pin on my lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-set-up-my-pin/d0cda543-6576-4f5f-bc4d-cf7298ebb38e