Windows 10: Windows 11 PIN Set Up

Discus and support Windows 11 PIN Set Up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new laptop with Windows 11. During set up, it's asking me to create a PIN. When I enter my PIN twice per the instructions, I get an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PCBrunett, Jan 4, 2023.

1. PCBrunett Win User

Windows 11 PIN Set Up

I have a new laptop with Windows 11. During set up, it's asking me to create a PIN. When I enter my PIN twice per the instructions, I get an error message and offer to try again or skip for now. I've tried it dozens of times with the same results, and even reloaded Windows but still have the same problem. Any suggestions? BTW, I also saved my fingerprint, but that does not seem to work either topic for another time.

:)

PCBrunett, Jan 4, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 PIN Set Up

1. Windows 11 PIN Set Up - Similar Threads - PIN Set

2. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”: I’ve tried to troubleshoot with shift-reset and do it from there but i don't have advanced options available so i can’t do it. I also tried hard shut down on my pc 3 times to see if i can open a command prompt there, but it also didn't work. Not sure what to do anymore....
  3. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”: I’ve tried to troubleshoot with shift-reset and do it from there but i don't have advanced options available so i can’t do it. I also tried hard shut down on my pc 3 times to see if i can open a command prompt there, but it also didn't work. Not sure what to do anymore....
  4. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  6. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  7. why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. it says 'this option is...
  8. why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...

why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. it says 'this option is...
  9. How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”: I logged into my computer and none of my desktop apps were showing. So I followed some instructions i saw on this website and turned off startup apps and other things, then restarted my computer. Now it keeps saying “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Set up...
  10. How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”

How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”: I logged into my computer and none of my desktop apps were showing. So I followed some instructions i saw on this website and turned off startup apps and other things, then restarted my computer. Now it keeps saying “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Set up...