Windows 10: Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS

Discus and support Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased a high-end PC in April, 2023 with Windows 11 Pro. From the outset, Windows 11 has been causing screens is apps particularly Excel &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by J MarkSchwartz, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS

I purchased a high-end PC in April, 2023 with Windows 11 Pro. From the outset, Windows 11 has been causing screens is apps particularly Excel & Quicken, to open and close by themselves, browsers FireFox, Edge, & Chrome to open & close by themselves, and general going haywire by itself. This behavior does not occur on my other two PCs with Windows 10.I have dealt with Microsoft Support twice with this problem, but the problem still exists. Has anyone experienced this kind of behavior with Windows 11?

:)

J MarkSchwartz, Nov 3, 2023

2. Cannot update Windows 11 to build 22h2

Need more help than support web site offers. I would like to update a Windows Pro 21h2 to 22h2.

I've tried every suggestion at Troubleshoot problems updating Windows - Microsoft Support short of "Perfrom a clean installation of Windows 11." That list is comprehensive and includes everything I would have thought of on my own and then some. None of the troubleshooting suggestions solved the problem. The system in question is a Lenovo ThinkCentre M90n desktop running Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2.

In addition to all the steps at the above link, I've also tried installing by using Windows 11 Installation Assistant. Installation Assistant downloads and goes through the long installation process. But then very shortly after the reboot starts, it says, "Undoing changes" and boots back into the old build.

jaygourley, Nov 3, 2023
  3. Windows 11 Update 22H2 Failure and Problems

Hi Paul. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for Windows 11 22H2 failure:

https://pureinfotech.com/avoid-problems-install...

https://windows101tricks.com/windows-11-upgrade...

https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/wi...

https://www.minitool.com/news/windows-11-22h2-i...

https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/09/22/window...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP - Volunteer Moderator, Nov 3, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS

(MORE) Problems with 22H2

What make and model computer do you own? Have you checked to see if it has been approved for update to Windows 11 22H2?

Both my computers that have Windows 11 Pro 22H2 are Dell and are on the list Dell provides as tested to work with the update.

Horace Wiggins, Nov 3, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS

1. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS - Similar Threads - Pro 22H2 Causing

2. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS: I purchased a high-end PC in April, 2023 with Windows 11 Pro. From the outset, Windows 11 has been causing screens is apps particularly Excel & Quicken, to open and close by themselves, browsers FireFox, Edge, & Chrome to open & close by themselves, and general going haywire...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 causing major issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 causing major issues: Dear Microsoft development team, I just updated to the latest 22H2 version, and since then, my battery life has immensely decreased. My laptop Dell G15 5511 used to give a battery life of a at least 10 hours on balanced mode and 12-14 hours on Ultimate power savings, and now...
  4. Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.: Dear Microsoft development team, I just updated to the latest 22H2 version, and since then, my battery life has immensely decreased. My laptop Dell G15 5511 used to give a battery life of a at least 10 hours on balanced mode and 12-14 hours on Ultimate power savings, and now...
  5. Windows 11 22H2 causing major issues

Windows 11 22H2 causing major issues: Dear Microsoft development team, I just updated to the latest 22H2 version, and since then, my battery life has immensely decreased. My laptop Dell G15 5511 used to give a battery life of a at least 10 hours on balanced mode and 12-14 hours on Ultimate power savings, and now...
  6. Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.

Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.: Dear Microsoft development team, I just updated to the latest 22H2 version, and since then, my battery life has immensely decreased. My laptop Dell G15 5511 used to give a battery life of a at least 10 hours on balanced mode and 12-14 hours on Ultimate power savings, and now...
  7. Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR problems going to sleep randomly, killing battery life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR problems going to sleep randomly, killing battery life: I just upgraded to Windows 11 22H2 and my computer has been acting up. For one, the battery life got close to halved I was getting around 7-8 hours and now I'm getting 4-5 hours and it also randomly goes to sleep like once every 5-15 minutes and signs me out on battery. I've...
  8. Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR problems going to sleep randomly, killing battery life

Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR problems going to sleep randomly, killing battery life: I just upgraded to Windows 11 22H2 and my computer has been acting up. For one, the battery life got close to halved I was getting around 7-8 hours and now I'm getting 4-5 hours and it also randomly goes to sleep like once every 5-15 minutes and signs me out on battery. I've...
  9. update causes serious problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update causes serious problems: After an update yesterday nothing works normal -i can not open onedrive files - the EDGE browser crashes all the time -In the settings menu i can not choose anything, so i can not choose "recovery" - i can not send mails - some icons in the taskbar are disappeared,...
  10. Username change caused serious problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Username change caused serious problems: Hello Folks, I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems after a Username change. My daughter got a new Lenovo Ideapad 520 for her computation studies at university about a week ago, and this i7 Octacore with 16Gb RAM and Windows 10 is certainly fast, and has...