Windows 10: Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work

Discus and support Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just installed windows 11 Pro on a brand new dell pc couple days ago. but when i tried to disable to lock screen on the pc or change the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Frank Salinas fsalinas, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work

I just installed windows 11 Pro on a brand new dell pc couple days ago. but when i tried to disable to lock screen on the pc or change the power settings to never go to sleep it locks the screen after 20 mints. I have also disable the lock screen from the local policies and still locks the screen after 20 minutes of inactivity. I have looked around different forums about this issues and none of what it has posted as a solution has worked. I did notice someone posted that the was a bug on this matter from Windows 11 OS version and i like to know from a MVP expert if this is the case.Thank you,F

:)

Frank Salinas fsalinas, Jan 14, 2022

2. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 16, 2022
  3. nsmth Win User
    Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

chasedward, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work

1. Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work - Similar Threads - Pro disable lock

2. How to disable Lock Screen ads on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Lock Screen ads on Windows 11: Microsoft displays a lot of promotions and advertisement in its Windows 11 operating system. The lock screen is but one of the locations that Microsoft uses to display promotions to users of the operating system. This guide walks you through the steps of disabling lock...
  3. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro: Good morning all. Last Saturday I clean reinstalled Win 10 Pro on my laptop. It needed it after almost 5 years. So, for the first couple days, everything was fine. I decided to disable the lock screen and Windows sign in. It was great, then the next day I started getting...
  4. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro: Good morning all. Last Saturday I clean reinstalled Win 10 Pro on my laptop. It needed it after almost 5 years. So, for the first couple days, everything was fine. I decided to disable the lock screen and Windows sign in. It was great, then the next day I started getting...
  5. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work: I just installed windows 11 Pro on a brand new dell pc couple days ago. but when i tried to disable to lock screen on the pc or change the power settings to never go to sleep it locks the screen after 20 mints. I have also disable the lock screen from the local policies and...
  7. Slideshow for Lock Screen does not work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slideshow for Lock Screen does not work?: Hey, Turning on the "Slideshow" feature within the lock screen settings does not rotate any images from within the folder I chose. Instead it only displays the most recently selected photo on my lock screen without change. Has anyone had this issue and found a fix?...
  8. KB4016240 win 10 pro: disable lock screen policy doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    KB4016240 win 10 pro: disable lock screen policy doesn't work: Subject. It's like the patch hasn't been applied at all. Regedit entry is there, gpedit policy is enabled. It's interesting that PRO sku is not mentioned in the description. [img] 83573
  9. Disable the Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable the Lock Screen?: Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks 6552
  10. Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled: Unlike Windows 8.1, the screen on my Yoga 2 Pro doesn't rotate when I turn the device upside down to "tent" mode after installing Windows 10. When swiping right to show the Action Center, the Rotation Lock tile is disabled, as is this setting in the Control Panel. Anyone else...