Windows 10: Windows 11 pro does not recognise HP Envy 5640 after upgrade from W10

Discus and support Windows 11 pro does not recognise HP Envy 5640 after upgrade from W10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since I have upgrade from W10 to W11, I have been unable to use my HP Envy 5640 Printer / Scanner either via USB or Wireless Network.My other printer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DHaUK, Aug 10, 2022.

1. DHaUK Win User

Windows 11 pro does not recognise HP Envy 5640 after upgrade from W10

Since I have upgrade from W10 to W11, I have been unable to use my HP Envy 5640 Printer / Scanner either via USB or Wireless Network.My other printer, a Samsung ML2165W works perfectly.My network is built around a Sky SR203 broadband wireless router; the Printers are on 2.4G Wireless, the PC's are on wired Gb ethernet. The 2.4G & 5G wireless networks are on separate SSID's and all appear to be working fine. Both IPV4 and IPV6 are active.The PC's and printers have static IP's V4 assigned. A second W10 machine I have can access the printer perfectly - the only real difference between the t

:)

DHaUK, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Palcouk Win User
    Palcouk, Aug 10, 2022
  3. HP ENVY 5640 not recognised via USB

I just bought a new desktop with Win11 operating system. My HP ENVY 5640 series printer is not recognized as being plugged in via USB. I have loaded the program disc and the scanning software will not load. I went to the HP website and downloaded their drivers. Now I have the window for scanning which I thought had solved everything. But.. The screen for printing opens, I click the print button and the computer shows me the printer is there, (the only one on the system) but it cannot be found/printed to. I have tried other USB ports and still get the same result. Has anyone had a similar or the same problem? Any suggestion will help, other than buy a new printer.

Stevelaw1KG, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Windows 11 pro does not recognise HP Envy 5640 after upgrade from W10

HP Envy 5640

Hi

anyone got any advise for me as I can't get my HP Envy 5640 printer to work.It's set as default printer and it will print test sheets etc but won't let me print documents.I've down loaded the drivers and when setting up it says internet connection lost,I've
    tried deleting and re installing printer several times but always end up with same problems

cheers

Paul

PaulChurchill3, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 pro does not recognise HP Envy 5640 after upgrade from W10

1. Windows 11 pro does not recognise HP Envy 5640 after upgrade from W10 - Similar Threads - pro does recognise

2. Windows 11 pro does not recognise HP Envy 5640 after upgrade from W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro does not recognise HP Envy 5640 after upgrade from W10: Since I have upgrade from W10 to W11, I have been unable to use my HP Envy 5640 Printer / Scanner either via USB or Wireless Network.My other printer, a Samsung ML2165W works perfectly.My network is built around a Sky SR203 broadband wireless router; the Printers are on 2.4G...
  3. HP ENVY 5640 not recognised via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP ENVY 5640 not recognised via USB: I just bought a new desktop with Win11 operating system. My HP ENVY 5640 series printer is not recognized as being plugged in via USB. I have loaded the program disc and the scanning software will not load. I went to the HP website and downloaded their drivers. Now I have the...
  4. HP ENVY 5640 not recognised via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP ENVY 5640 not recognised via USB: I just bought a new desktop with Win11 operating system. My HP ENVY 5640 series printer is not recognized as being plugged in via USB. I have loaded the program disc and the scanning software will not load. I went to the HP website and downloaded their drivers. Now I have the...
  5. HP Envy Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy Windows 11: When I had windows 10 I had nothing, like no windows apps at all, when I upgraded all the apps were installed fine.....except for Microsoft store. I resetted my pc many times and reseted the ms store. ran the command, nothing, And I am wondering if anybody can do anything...
  6. HP Envy Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Envy Windows 11: When I had windows 10 I had nothing, like no windows apps at all, when I upgraded all the apps were installed fine.....except for Microsoft store. I resetted my pc many times and reseted the ms store. ran the command, nothing, And I am wondering if anybody can do anything...
  7. HP Envy 5640

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Envy 5640: Hi anyone got any advise for me as I can't get my HP Envy 5640 printer to work.It's set as default printer and it will print test sheets etc but won't let me print documents.I've down loaded the drivers and when setting up it says internet connection lost,I've tried deleting...
  8. card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade: Hi. My windows 10 version is 1903(18362 836). My Rosewill RDCR 11004 media dashboard with USB ports and card slots worked fine until I upgraded to W10 a few months ago. I'm glad I did, by the way, but since then the card reader does not work and the cards fail to register...
  9. BSOD W10 Pro 1903 on HP Envy (HP ENVY x360)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD W10 Pro 1903 on HP Envy (HP ENVY x360): Hello, My wife is facing many BSOD and I am not able to solve. I've tried to update all the drivers and read many forum, but I have not been able to solve and even worst I have no clue (i beleive this is due to a SSD issue or a problem when runing under the battery, i.e not...
  10. Is it possible to upgrade to Pro from Win 7 Pro after W10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to upgrade to Pro from Win 7 Pro after W10 upgrade?: Hi, So try to stick with me here. A couple years back I had issues with the Windows 7 update system and spent literally 8 hours on the phone with Microsoft technicians trying to figure out what is causing it, and how they can try to repair it remotely etc. For a booby...