Windows 10: Windows 11 Pro gives error when downloading update - "There is an issue with the account...

Discus and support Windows 11 Pro gives error when downloading update - "There is an issue with the account... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; To make this simple, I'm preparing a PC to be joined to domain. I setup a local account to prep the PC. It is an administrative account. I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CEdmondson, May 20, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Pro gives error when downloading update - "There is an issue with the account...

To make this simple, I'm preparing a PC to be joined to domain. I setup a local account to prep the PC. It is an administrative account. I was able to install the "preliminary" updates you get with a brand new PC. Those updated just fine. My issue is trying to install the next platform update to 23H2 but I am greeted with an error that states "Updates cannot be installed, there's an issue with the account your using". I have setup MANY Windows 11 PC's for domain joins with a local account No Microsoft Account has ever been needed but this is the first time It will not perform the update.Wind

:)

CEdmondson, May 20, 2024
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, May 21, 2024
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, May 21, 2024
  4. Windows 11 Pro gives error when downloading update - "There is an issue with the account...

Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused Windows 11 Pro gives error when downloading update - "There is an issue with the account... :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Pro gives error when downloading update - "There is an issue with the account...

1. Windows 11 Pro gives error when downloading update - "There is an issue with the account... - Similar Threads - Pro error downloading

2. Windows 11 Pro gives error when downloading update - "There is an issue with the account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro gives error when downloading update - "There is an issue with the account...: To make this simple, I'm preparing a PC to be joined to domain. I setup a local account to prep the PC. It is an administrative account. I was able to install the "preliminary" updates you get with a brand new PC. Those updated just fine. My issue is trying to install the...
  3. if i have windows 10 pro and update to windows 11 will it give me windows 11 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i have windows 10 pro and update to windows 11 will it give me windows 11 pro?: If I have windows 10 pro installed and select the auto update for windows 11 will it install windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-windows-10-pro-and-update-to-windows-11/21aad7da-46d0-4924-8c39-01b583ac3ab5
  4. if i have windows 10 pro and update to windows 11 will it give me windows 11 pro?

if i have windows 10 pro and update to windows 11 will it give me windows 11 pro?: If I have windows 10 pro installed and select the auto update for windows 11 will it install windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-windows-10-pro-and-update-to-windows-11/21aad7da-46d0-4924-8c39-01b583ac3ab5
  5. WINDOWS 11: Microsoft gives error 0x80070005 when trying to download Gaming Services or any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11: Microsoft gives error 0x80070005 when trying to download Gaming Services or any...: Not sure what to do. Tried to get Xbox Game Pass for my PC and for some reason “Gaming Services” is not downloading. I have waited all night for it to install. I then used Powershell to force it to download from the Microsoft Store. When I did that I received error code:...
  6. WINDOWS 11: Microsoft gives error 0x80070005 when trying to download Gaming Services or any...

WINDOWS 11: Microsoft gives error 0x80070005 when trying to download Gaming Services or any...: Not sure what to do. Tried to get Xbox Game Pass for my PC and for some reason “Gaming Services” is not downloading. I have waited all night for it to install. I then used Powershell to force it to download from the Microsoft Store. When I did that I received error code:...
  7. When running "Windows Update" in services it gives an error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When running "Windows Update" in services it gives an error.: Hi, I've been trying to run the "Windows update" service from disabled to automatic it gives me this error message saying "Access is denied". My account is an administrator and I've also tried running services.msc as an administrator and it gives me the same message. I'm...
  8. error when downloading windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error when downloading windows updates: Updates are available. We'll download them when you are not using a metered connection, or you can download 177.24 MB using your current data connection (charges might apply). You might still need to connect to unmetered Wi-Fi for some updates....
  9. Windows Store not updating/downloading apps. Gives Error.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store not updating/downloading apps. Gives Error.: I have already read about using WSReset.exe to try and clean the Windows Store Cache. I've also already gotten all the Windows Updates that the system tells me were waiting. The error I get whenever I want to install or update any APP says: "Something happened to this...
  10. Win10 Store gives error 0x803F8003 when trying to download/update apps

Win10 Store gives error 0x803F8003 when trying to download/update apps: Greetings! Windows 10 Store gives error 0x803F8003 when trying to download/update apps note: the error appears right after it shows acquiring license. 17745