Windows 10: Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar

Discus and support Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can only find directions on disabling and removing cortana which is NOT what i want to do. I want to be able to access cortana as easily as i did in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cybot, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Cybot Win User

Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar

I can only find directions on disabling and removing cortana which is NOT what i want to do. I want to be able to access cortana as easily as i did in windows 10. is there any way to add it back to the start menu or the taskbar?

:)

Cybot, Oct 8, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Pro -- No Start Menu/Page, No Cortana (after update?)

Hello Christine,

Apologize for the delay in response.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with?

• Are you facing issues with Start menu and Cortana?

• Did you try creating a new user account?
    If you are facing issues with Start menu and Cortana, suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below article and check if it helps.

Refer to the below Link:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply us back with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 8, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 8, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar

Windows 10: start up menu and Cortana ask tab have disappeared

Hi Winnie,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "clicking on the tool bar does not bring up the Cortana link", what exactly are you referring to? Are you referring to toolbars present when you right click on taskbar?
    • Have you tried to enable Cortana icon by right click on taskbar and selecting Cortana?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if Cortana is turned on or not.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Cortana & Search settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if Cortana is turned on or not.

I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu and Cortana related issues. Check if it helps.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and Cortana, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar

1. Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar - Similar Threads - Pro add cortana

2. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  3. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar and Start Menu are not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar and Start Menu are not showing.: Hi there,I have had a days worth of problems with my windows laptop.A few days ago I logged into my work office 365 account via Edge. I was then unable to open Office Store. I then updated Windows 10. I then downloaded windows 11. Now I have lost my Taskbar and Start Menu....
  5. Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar: I can only find directions on disabling and removing cortana which is NOT what i want to do. I want to be able to access cortana as easily as i did in windows 10. is there any way to add it back to the start menu or the taskbar?...
  6. Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working: So I logged on my pc And i noticed all icons in task bar are gone so when i try to click the start menu its not working And when i put my cursor on the search My cursor becomes the loading thingyI tried restarting file explorer and it didnt workHelp...
  7. How to change the Start Menu and Taskbar Colors in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Start Menu and Taskbar Colors in Windows 11: [ATTACH]When it comes to customization Windows 11 has gotten even better. The Menus are easily accessible, and there are more options. Since Start Menu is one of the biggest highlights, here is how you can change the Windows 11 Start Menu and Taskbar Colors. How to Change...
  8. start menu and cortana

in Cortana
    start menu and cortana: start menu and cortana do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-cortana/af6eb818-795d-4653-9bb3-28c3706de982
  9. How to add Run to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add Run to Start Menu: Normally Winkey+R will open the run box but not when you are running in a VM under Oracle, so ... how do I add Run to the Win 10 Start Menu? Edit: Found that right click on Start Menu brings up dialog that Run is in. 2274
  10. No Start Menu? No Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu? No Cortana?: Everything was working ABSOLUTELY AWESOMELY with build 10041. As of 7:00 p.m. central time 3/22/2014. Now, I log into my computer this morning and nothing Start is just not working. I can't get into settings (any way that I know) to revert back. Can someone please assist in...