Windows 10: Windows 11 Pro license issue

Discus and support Windows 11 Pro license issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a digital license for Windows 10 Pro for my personal PC, which was at one point associated with my Microsoft account. I decided to upgrade to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TCpe, May 6, 2022.

1. TCpe Win User

Windows 11 Pro license issue

I had a digital license for Windows 10 Pro for my personal PC, which was at one point associated with my Microsoft account. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. Because my CPU did not meet the minimum requirements of Windows 11 Pro, I purchased a new motherboard and CPU. When they arrived, I proceeded to install the new hardware. I then booted into Windows 10 Pro, which updated the drivers and seemed to be running fine, so I started installing Windows 11 Pro. When the install process was at about 90%, a message popped up saying that Windows wasn't activated.&nb

:)

TCpe, May 6, 2022
  2. Zedicus Win User

windows licensing issue

k so the place where i work is around 4000 computers now and we r finally talking about moving to XP. i have a bit of a licensing issue that im curious on. all of the computers we purchase come with a windows xp OEM key. but to build a business wide image i have to use a volume license key installer. the head man thinks it is perfectly legal for me to come up with any random volume license key code to use on our image installer since each machine has a lisence stuck to it already. even though thouse licenses are for an oem install... for now im going to assume all the licenses on computers are actually for xp pro also, and not home, becuz then it would for sure not be legal.

im just kinda curious of peeples views becuz i know how stict the uela is. and for 1 or 2 computers i wouldnt care but where im setting up 4000 computers for a government agency i would like to not hav the licensing fall back on me.

Zedicus, May 6, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    MSFT acknowledges some Win10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated

Source: Microsoft acknowledges some Windows 10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated - Neowin

More:

UPDATE: You can now run the Windows Activation troubleshooter to activate again.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, May 6, 2022
  4. z3r010 Win User

MSFT acknowledges some Win10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated

Source: Microsoft acknowledges some Windows 10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated - Neowin

More:

UPDATE: You can now run the Windows Activation troubleshooter to activate again.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

z3r010, May 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Pro license issue - Similar Threads - Pro license issue

2. Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro'': HI everyone,I just purchased new PC and start it now. But when i went on to the window activation section it says ''We found window 11 home license for this device but running window 11 pro.'' So please anyone can give me direction to tackle this issue right now as a lot of...
  3. Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro'': HI everyone,I just purchased new PC and start it now. But when i went on to the window activation section it says ''We found window 11 home license for this device but running window 11 pro.'' So please anyone can give me direction to tackle this issue right now as a lot of...
  4. Windows 11 Pro license reuse?

Windows 11 Pro license reuse?: I bought and installed Windows 11 Pro and installed it on a Surface Pro 8, which I've decided to return. If I understand the licensing agreement correctly, I can install Windows 11 Pro, using the same key, on another PC. I just can't run it on two PCs at the same time.Am I...
  5. Tranferring a Windows 11 Pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tranferring a Windows 11 Pro license: I know this question has been asked before but I wasn't able to locate clear instructions on how to make this happen.I have an old laptop that is linked to my Microsoft account running Windows 11 Pro that was purchased via the upgrade feature within Windows. This license...
  6. Tranferring a Windows 11 Pro license

Tranferring a Windows 11 Pro license: I know this question has been asked before but I wasn't able to locate clear instructions on how to make this happen.I have an old laptop that is linked to my Microsoft account running Windows 11 Pro that was purchased via the upgrade feature within Windows. This license...
  7. Windows 11 pro license

Windows 11 pro license: HelloI bought a used laptop from Amazon but noticed some tracking software is installed.I want to reimage the laptop, but it is not registered under my email for digital license.I see I have the Windows 10pro RTM license on the laptop which was used to upgrade to 11pro.How...
  8. Windows 11 pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro license: HelloI bought a used laptop from Amazon but noticed some tracking software is installed.I want to reimage the laptop, but it is not registered under my email for digital license.I see I have the Windows 10pro RTM license on the laptop which was used to upgrade to 11pro.How...
  9. Windows 11 Pro license issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 11 Pro license issue: I had a digital license for Windows 10 Pro for my personal PC, which was at one point associated with my Microsoft account. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. Because my CPU did not meet the minimum requirements of Windows 11 Pro, I purchased a new motherboard and CPU....
  10. Windows 11 Pro license issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro license issue: I had a digital license for Windows 10 Pro for my personal PC, which was at one point associated with my Microsoft account. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. Because my CPU did not meet the minimum requirements of Windows 11 Pro, I purchased a new motherboard and CPU....