Windows 10: Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

Discus and support Windows 11 pro OEM clarification... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by From_Lebanon, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?

:)

From_Lebanon, Feb 11, 2023
  2. JonGrimes Win User

Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Feb 11, 2023
  3. R-T-B Win User
    BST forum rule clarification

Just for the record, I only suggested the clarification because suggesting everyone has a basic grasp of english simply is not true.

R-T-B, Feb 11, 2023
  4. JBryan41 Win User

Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Want to upgrade 11 Home to 11 Pro. Tried download, but apparently files transferred were for 11 Enterprise. This will not activate; error is "invalid digital license or product key". This is on a new Surface. How to proceed?

Can withdraw/delete this. The suggestion to downgrade - listed below - with a 'fake' windows 10 key works.

JBryan41, Feb 11, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

1. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification... - Similar Threads - pro OEM clarification

2. windows 11 pro oem to retail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 pro oem to retail?: i purchased a prebuilt pc that came with a windows 10 pro oem license eligible for the windows 11 upgrade. i have since upgraded to the windows 11 pro oem version. my question is if i purchase a windows 11 pro retail license, can i change the installed version by changing the...
  3. Windows 11 Pro OEM DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro OEM DVD: Ok I am a Windows insider and have played around with Windows 11 Release Preview channel, Dev Channel, Beta Channel and Canary Channel. I understand that these are pre-release versions and expect to see bugs/problems within.Recently I purchased a new NVME drive as well as a...
  4. Windows 11 Pro OEM DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro OEM DVD: Ok I am a Windows insider and have played around with Windows 11 Release Preview channel, Dev Channel, Beta Channel and Canary Channel. I understand that these are pre-release versions and expect to see bugs/problems within.Recently I purchased a new NVME drive as well as a...
  5. Windows 11 Pro OEM DVD

Windows 11 Pro OEM DVD: System Info: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master MOBO, AMD Ryzen9 3900X CPU, 128Gb Corsair RAM, Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU, 4 Samsung M.2 NVME drives, 2 Crucial 2.5 inch SSD drives.I am a Windows Insider running the latest versions of the Release Preview Channel, Beta...
  6. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...: Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?...
  7. Windows 11 pro OEM DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM DVD: I am building my own desktop PC and purchased the Windows 11 Pro OEM DVD.However, reading the Licence Agreement yes, this tiny print outside the package I am not sure if I can use this product. The information provided is quite confusing.It would be greatly appreciated if...
  8. Windows 11 pro OEM DVD

Windows 11 pro OEM DVD: I am building my own desktop PC and purchased the Windows 11 Pro OEM DVD.However, reading the Licence Agreement yes, this tiny print outside the package I am not sure if I can use this product. The information provided is quite confusing.It would be greatly appreciated if...
  9. Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Windows 10 Pro OEM License Clarification: I need to understand what restrictions apply to an OEM license on a purchased computer. I can see that it is for one computer only and locked to the motherboard or a computer configuration. What kinds of changes to the system would or would not invalidate the OEM license?...
  10. Windows 10 Pro activatoin clarification

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro activatoin clarification: So, I have been using the insider preview of 10 Enterprise for a while now. Later I learned I can't keep using it after the final release so I decided to downgrade to pro. I installed pro from an ISO and skipped the part that asked for a key after trying several times to use...