Windows 10: Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right

Discus and support Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have a question according to downgrade right. I'm buying assembled PC with installed Windows 11 Pro OEM. Is it legal to remove it and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dimitter Dimitrov, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right

Hello,I have a question according to downgrade right. I'm buying assembled PC with installed Windows 11 Pro OEM. Is it legal to remove it and install Windows 10 Pro? If yes, how can I do it? I mean how can I get activation key.It's not about rollback. I'm asking is it legal and where I can find product key to stay licensed. Thank you,Dimitar

:)

Dimitter Dimitrov, Jan 12, 2022
  2. ic_988 Win User

How to Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

Understanding downgrade rights
    Updated 11/30/2016

Important: the information on this page is intended for system builders and the downgrade rights that apply to their customers. If you are a customer of a direct OEM, please contact your OEM for more information about downgrade rights. If
    you are a direct OEM, please contact your Microsoft Account Manager.

Downgrade and down-edition rights are an end-user right that Microsoft offers to customers for certain OEM products which meet the technical requirements for a Windows software downgrade. Downgrade rights are documented in the Microsoft Software License
    Terms that customers accept upon first running Windows and Windows Server software. Thanks to downgrade rights, end users who have acquired a later version of the software (such as Windows 10 Pro or Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard) can use an earlier version
    of the software until they are ready to migrate to a later version technology.

If a product includes downgrade rights, the license terms for that product will indicate which earlier versions of the software may be used.

Downgrade rights will vary depending on if the software was acquired via volume licensing, OEMs, or full packaged product (FPP).

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:

• Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7

Professional

Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:

• Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business

Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:

• Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version, as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet.

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.
    The downgrade process

Follow these steps to downgrade to an earlier version of Windows software:

• Use genuine Windows media and a corresponding product key for the version of Windows that is eligible for downgrade. The media/key should come from a previously licensed product from the OEM or retail channel.
    • End users who are licensed separately through Microsoft Volume Licensing (VL) may provide their VL media and key to a system builder to facilitate the downgrade on their own systems.
    • Insert the downgrade-eligible version of Windows media and follow the installation instructions.
    • Enter the product key.
    • If the software was previously activated, it cannot be activated online. In this case, the appropriate local Activation Support phone number will be displayed. Call the number and explain the circumstances. When it is determined that the end user has an
      eligible Windows license, the customer service representative will provide a single-use activation code to activate the software. Please note that Microsoft does not provide a full product key in this scenario.
    • Activate the software.
    For scenarios involving large volume downgrades, end users are encouraged to consider VL which provides the benefits of reimaging rights and volume activation, which can make the process of downgrading much easier.

Authorizing a third party to exercise downgrade rights for an end user

Because downgrade rights apply to end users, they are not designed for third-party facilitation, which has many complications. Also, such facilitation is not suitable for carrying out on a large scale.

ic_988, Jan 12, 2022
  3. " windows 7 professional (available through downgrade right from windows 10 pro)"

There are certain conditions attached with it.

1. Windows 10 Pro must have come preinstalled on a Dell, HP, etc. machine.

2. You contact the OEM (Computer manufactuer) about downgrading.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

• Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Jan 12, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right

Revert back to windows 8.1 pro from windows 7 downgrade.

Sorry I couldn't help you further.

This is why I referred you to HP, as this is something I saved ages ago.

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right

1. Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right - Similar Threads - Pro OEM Downgrade

2. Windows 11 Pro to Windows 10 Pro downgrade rights HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro to Windows 10 Pro downgrade rights HP: Good day,We are currently standardised in our environment on Windows 10 Pro upgraded to Enterprise via M365 E5.Since W10 Enterprise is supported until October 2025, we in our roadmap will start with the upgrade to W11 second half of 2024.However, we just got a notification...
  3. Windows 11 Pro to Windows 10 Pro downgrade rights HP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro to Windows 10 Pro downgrade rights HP: Good day,We are currently standardised in our environment on Windows 10 Pro upgraded to Enterprise via M365 E5.Since W10 Enterprise is supported until October 2025, we in our roadmap will start with the upgrade to W11 second half of 2024.However, we just got a notification...
  4. Windows 11 Pro to Windows 10 Pro downgrade rights HP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Pro GGWA with downgrade rights to to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro GGWA with downgrade rights to to windows 10: I have Window 11 Pro GGWA licenses with downgrade rights to windows 10. My hardware do not supports Windows 11 and I want to use Windows 11 pro GGWA licenses to install windows 10 on my old laptops. is it possible to do so? is there someone who use Windows 11 GGWA?...
  6. Windows 11 Pro GGWA with downgrade rights to to windows 10

Windows 11 Pro GGWA with downgrade rights to to windows 10: I have Window 11 Pro GGWA licenses with downgrade rights to windows 10. My hardware do not supports Windows 11 and I want to use Windows 11 pro GGWA licenses to install windows 10 on my old laptops. is it possible to do so? is there someone who use Windows 11 GGWA?...
  7. Downgrade From Win11 Pro OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade From Win11 Pro OEM: Hi, is it possible to downgrade a PC from OEM Win 11 Pro to Win 10 Pro with the same license? There is an official Microsoft document for this?ThanksGabriele https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-from-win11-pro-oem/aaad5e74-dbce-459d-a2b3-6cfa48b72c84
  8. Downgrade From Win11 Pro OEM

Downgrade From Win11 Pro OEM: Hi, is it possible to downgrade a PC from OEM Win 11 Pro to Win 10 Pro with the same license? There is an official Microsoft document for this?ThanksGabriele https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-from-win11-pro-oem/aaad5e74-dbce-459d-a2b3-6cfa48b72c84
  9. Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro OEM Downgrade right: Hello,I have a question according to downgrade right. I'm buying assembled PC with installed Windows 11 Pro OEM. Is it legal to remove it and install Windows 10 Pro? If yes, how can I do it? I mean how can I get activation key.It's not about rollback. I'm asking is it legal...
  10. Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro: Hi, I need to use Windows 7 Pro due to hardware compatibility concern. I read from "http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/D/1/2D14FE17-66C2-4D4C-AF73-E122930B60F6/Windows-10-Volume-Licensing-Guide.pdf", page 14 that Windows 10 Pro OEM version is entitled to downgrade...