Windows 10: Windows 11 Pro product key does not work

Discus and support Windows 11 Pro product key does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I Bought a Windows 11 Professional product key off a reseller and when i put it in the change product key section in my settings it said the product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FabianTudorascu, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Pro product key does not work

I Bought a Windows 11 Professional product key off a reseller and when i put it in the change product key section in my settings it said the product key does not work, i tried contacting microsoft support and nobody answered and none of the forums address this issue.

:)

FabianTudorascu, Apr 6, 2022

2. Windows pro product key re-usability

This is an informative question regarding the policies of windows. I have an existing Microsoft Windows Pro software installed on one of my devices, I wanted to know if there is a way using which I can use that product key on my another device which has
    Windows home installed in it, to upgrade it to Pro. If the policy requires the earlier existing system(with windows pro) to be abandoned or removed in order to allow the product key of pro to be used in a new system, that too works for me.

Please help me by suggesting me steps to take.

Thank you

ANSHAGRAWAL1, Apr 6, 2022
  3. Comp Cmndo, Apr 6, 2022
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 11 Pro product key does not work

Will Windows 8.0 pro upgrade key work?

The answer to that question is yes it will activate Windows 10 Pro. What it won't do, though, is trigger an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro.

1. Install Windows 10 Pro - not activated. Enter Windows 8/8.1 Pro upgrade product key. It will activate.
    2. Install Windows 10 Home. Change product key. Here a Windows 8/8.1 Pro upgrade key (and any Windows 7/8/8.1 Pro product key) will be rejected. Instead enter the Windows 10 Pro generic product key and the upgrade to Pro will be triggered. Now you have a non-activated Windows 10 Pro installed. Change product key again, enter the Windows 8/8.1 Pro upgrade product key and it will activate.

Now - this is all assuming that the Windows 8/8.1 Pro upgrade product key has not been blocked from automatic activation. What I don't know is if phone activation will work in that case - or if the user must actually install Windows 8/8.1 Pro and activate it via phone first. My Windows 7 product key (good for 3 license family pack) has been blocked from automatic activation and I have to call the recorded phone line every time.

NavyLCDR, Apr 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Pro product key does not work

1. Windows 11 Pro product key does not work - Similar Threads - Pro product key

2. Product key for Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key for Windows 11 Pro: I bought a computer from a school district that already has Windows 11 Pro installed but it is not activated. Can I just purchase a product key for it? I don't need the software, just the license/product key....
  3. Windows 11 pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro product key: I just bought a pc from someone online. Went into settings and it isn’t activated. Says I need product key so how do I go about it . I don’t really want to have to buy a new operating system...
  4. Windows 11 pro product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pro product key: I just bought a pc from someone online. Went into settings and it isn’t activated. Says I need product key so how do I go about it . I don’t really want to have to buy a new operating system...
  5. Will Windows 10 Pro product key work on Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 10 Pro product key work on Windows 11 Pro?: Well i have an old pc at my home which meets the requirements of Windows 11, thought it would be a great idea to load it up with Windows 11 and it has Windows 10 Pro...
  6. Will Windows 10 Pro product key work on Windows 11 Pro?

Will Windows 10 Pro product key work on Windows 11 Pro?: Well i have an old pc at my home which meets the requirements of Windows 11, thought it would be a great idea to load it up with Windows 11 and it has Windows 10 Pro...
  7. Windows 11 pro product key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro product key doesn't work: Hi,I have bought a license for Windows 11 Pro and I am not able to activate it. The error message is : I have already tried using the method mentioned here, to close the internet and use the code provided by your engineer, and if it doesn't work restart. It is not working....
  8. Windows 11 pro product key doesn't work

Windows 11 pro product key doesn't work: Hi,I have bought a license for Windows 11 Pro and I am not able to activate it. The error message is : I have already tried using the method mentioned here, to close the internet and use the code provided by your engineer, and if it doesn't work restart. It is not working....
  9. Windows 11 Pro product key does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro product key does not work: I Bought a Windows 11 Professional product key off a reseller and when i put it in the change product key section in my settings it said the product key does not work, i tried contacting microsoft support and nobody answered and none of the forums address this issue....
  10. Product key does not work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key does not work: I just purchased the Windows 10 online and my new product key does not work. I tried restarting my laptop and entering the product key multiple times.The message I received was: The product key you entered didn’t work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different...