Windows 10: Windows 11 pro purchased upgrade from windows 10

Discus and support Windows 11 pro purchased upgrade from windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased windows 11 pro from microsoft, yes before someone asks actually from microsoft. I was charged and received the conf email. I assume this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by eric shivers, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Windows 11 pro purchased upgrade from windows 10

I purchased windows 11 pro from microsoft, yes before someone asks actually from microsoft. I was charged and received the conf email. I assume this is a digital license as there was no product key, no problem. Following:> Settings > system > activation = current windows is activated. following this path the install button appears after purchasing. This failed 5 times. So I spent 4 hours backing up and removing most of my stuff from the system to ensure there was plenty of space, no problem. attempt again = failed. error 0x80070005 using my IT background I was able to find out th

:)

eric shivers, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 10, 2022
  4. JonGrimes Win User

Windows 11 pro purchased upgrade from windows 10

Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 pro purchased upgrade from windows 10

1. Windows 11 pro purchased upgrade from windows 10 - Similar Threads - pro purchased upgrade

2. purchased windows 11 pro from app store but system is not upgraded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased windows 11 pro from app store but system is not upgraded.: I purchased windows 11 pro from the app store. Order history shows the order as complete however my computer still shows windows 11 home in the activation settings. Install link on the app store fails with unable to upgrade error 0x80070490...
  3. Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store: I am testing a surface tablet with Windows 11 home I need to purchase an upgrade to pro to fully test. However this testing Surface only had 128 drive so I might need to purchase a more costly larger model. If I determine I need to purchase a larger model can I somehow move...
  4. Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store: I am testing a surface tablet with Windows 11 home I need to purchase an upgrade to pro to fully test. However this testing Surface only had 128 drive so I might need to purchase a more costly larger model. If I determine I need to purchase a larger model can I somehow move...
  5. Windows 11 pro purchased upgrade from windows 10

Windows 11 pro purchased upgrade from windows 10: I purchased windows 11 pro from microsoft, yes before someone asks actually from microsoft. I was charged and received the conf email. I assume this is a digital license as there was no product key, no problem. Following:> Settings > system > activation = current windows is...
  6. Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...: I recently wiped my hard disk and installed Windows 11. It activated the default key from the motherboard to Windows 10 Home. I have purchased Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft website few months back. It is tied to my Microsoft account. I used to upgrade Windows 10 directly...
  7. Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...

Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...: I recently wiped my hard disk and installed Windows 11. It activated the default key from the motherboard to Windows 10 Home. I have purchased Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft website few months back. It is tied to my Microsoft account. I used to upgrade Windows 10 directly...
  8. Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade: I upgraded from home 10 to home 11 home beta stable. I purchase the upgrade to pro from the windows store $99 plus tax. It starts to install the updates then gets to 98% then fails, reverts back and loses my activation key which is recoverable by the troubleshoot tool and...
  9. Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade

Will not upgrade from home to pro after installing windows 11 and purchasing the upgrade: I upgraded from home 10 to home 11 home beta stable. I purchase the upgrade to pro from the windows store $99 plus tax. It starts to install the updates then gets to 98% then fails, reverts back and loses my activation key which is recoverable by the troubleshoot tool and...
  10. Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store: I just spent over $100 to upgrade from Home to Pro. When I try to run the upgrade it says, "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade". This happens both in my user account is admin and the built in Administrator account. When I try inputting the license key...