Windows 10: Windows 11 Pro Will Require A Microsoft Account, Why?

Discus and support Windows 11 Pro Will Require A Microsoft Account, Why? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why even push people into making accounts, if they don't want too. I see two reasons. If people are unaware, Microsoft is making Windows 11 Pro require... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Popa2caps, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Popa2caps Win User

Windows 11 Pro Will Require A Microsoft Account, Why?

Why even push people into making accounts, if they don't want too. I see two reasons. If people are unaware, Microsoft is making Windows 11 Pro require aMicrosoft Account during install, also users won't be able to install offline I think.I'm glad to stay on Windows 10, Windows 11 and who ever is working on this, sounds like it's being run like an EA project, 2042 anyone?Windows 11 Pro will soon force me to install Linux...

:)

Popa2caps, Feb 20, 2022
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 11 Pro Will Require A Microsoft Account, Why? :(

Zakin, Feb 20, 2022
  3. Roan T Win User
    microsoft account required

Hi John,

We would like to know more about the issue. Please
    clarify the following:

• Can you tell us what issue you are trying to troubleshoot before getting the
      Microsoft account required error
      prompt?
    • Is the issue limited to the current Windows user profile you are using?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Feb 20, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Pro Will Require A Microsoft Account, Why?

Microsoft Account Login requirement

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back to Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

• In the Start search, type 'Settings and press
      Enter.

• Choose 'Accounts'.

• Under 'Your account', click
      'Disconnect' option available under your Microsoft account name.

• Follow the onscreen instruction to create a local account.
    Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps:

• In the Start search, type 'Settings and press
      Enter.

• Choose 'Accounts'.

• Under 'Your account' click 'Connect
      to a Microsoft account'.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.
    Follow onscreen instruction.

Check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 20, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Pro Will Require A Microsoft Account, Why?

1. Windows 11 Pro Will Require A Microsoft Account, Why? - Similar Threads - Pro Require Microsoft

2. How to Bypass Microsoft Account requirement Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Bypass Microsoft Account requirement Windows 11 Pro?: My division recently purchased 20 laptops with Windows 11 Pro. I am in charge of setting them up. These laptops will be general devices to run specific applications and multiple departments will use them. Our IT department does not provide general emails for these laptops for...
  3. How to Bypass Microsoft Account requirement Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Bypass Microsoft Account requirement Windows 11 Pro?: My division recently purchased 20 laptops with Windows 11 Pro. I am in charge of setting them up. These laptops will be general devices to run specific applications and multiple departments will use them. Our IT department does not provide general emails for these laptops for...
  4. Microsoft finally drops the Microsoft Account requirement for Windows 11 Widgets

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft finally drops the Microsoft Account requirement for Windows 11 Widgets: When Microsoft launched Windows 11 with the Widgets feature, it became clear quickly that the initial feature set was limited. Apart from relying solely on first-party widgets created by Microsoft, widgets also required a Microsoft account. [ATTACH] Now, it appears, that...
  5. Windows 11 Microsoft Account Requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Account Requirement: Several third-party sources suggest that Windows 11 Home and/or Windows 11 Pro will soon require the use or creation of a Microsoft Account during installation or upgrade.If a Microsoft account is in fact being required, can someone point me to where the requirement is...
  6. Windows 11 Microsoft Account Requirement

Windows 11 Microsoft Account Requirement: Several third-party sources suggest that Windows 11 Home and/or Windows 11 Pro will soon require the use or creation of a Microsoft Account during installation or upgrade.If a Microsoft account is in fact being required, can someone point me to where the requirement is...
  7. Windows 11 Pro Will Require A Microsoft Account, Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Will Require A Microsoft Account, Why?: Why even push people into making accounts, if they don't want too. I see two reasons. If people are unaware, Microsoft is making Windows 11 Pro require aMicrosoft Account during install, also users won't be able to install offline I think.I'm glad to stay on Windows 10,...
  8. Windows 11 Pro/Enterprise still requiring a Microsoft Account at first setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro/Enterprise still requiring a Microsoft Account at first setup?: Hello,Windows 11 Pro/Enterprise still requiring a Microsoft Account at first setup? Is there anyway around this? In a corporate environment this will be a must.Thanks,...
  9. Windows 11 Pro/Enterprise still requiring a Microsoft Account at first setup?

Windows 11 Pro/Enterprise still requiring a Microsoft Account at first setup?: Hello,Windows 11 Pro/Enterprise still requiring a Microsoft Account at first setup? Is there anyway around this? In a corporate environment this will be a must.Thanks,...
  10. What's with requiring a microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What's with requiring a microsoft account?: Right. I just bought an Acer Aspire TC. For reason when I began set up Windows required me to log into my microsoft account as well as set up a pin. What gives? How can I get rid to ms account? I already found how to kill the pin....