Windows 10: Windows 11 Product Keys

Discus and support Windows 11 Product Keys in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have just built a new PC and I am wondering where I am able to purchase a windows 11 Product key. I have downloaded the operating system off a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BD_906, Jun 23, 2024.

1. BD_906 Win User

Windows 11 Product Keys

Hi,I have just built a new PC and I am wondering where I am able to purchase a windows 11 Product key. I have downloaded the operating system off a different PC and plugged in the usb on the new PC I have built, and windows is working but with a watermark. I wanted to know where to buy a windows 11 product key so I have a full access to windows 11 and the watermark will go.Thanks,

:)

BD_906, Jun 23, 2024

2. Product Key Reactivation

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Reactivating Windows 11 after retrieving the motherboard key involves using the original product key or digital license associated with your system.

Here are the steps to reactivate Windows 11:

1. Open Settings:
      • Click on the Start button and select the gear icon to open "Settings."
    2. Navigate to Update & Security:
      • In the Settings menu, click on "Update & Security."
    3. Go to Activation:
      • In the left sidebar, select "Activation."
    4. Enter Product Key:
      • If you have a product key, click on "Change product key" and enter the key when prompted.
    5. Use Digital License:
      • If your Windows 11 was linked to your Microsoft account, you might see an option to troubleshoot and link your digital license. Click on this option and follow the prompts.
    6. Restart Your Computer:
      • After entering the product key or linking your digital license, restart your computer.
    7. Verification:
      • Go back to the Activation section in Settings to verify that Windows 11 is now activated.

Derrick19 - MSFT, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Linking Windows 11 Product Key to my Microsoft account

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Given your situation, let's address how to find your full Windows 11 product key and the steps to manually add it to your Microsoft account, even though the latter is not a standard procedure for linking your digital license to your Microsoft account.

Unfortunately, Windows itself doesn't provide a straightforward way to view your complete installed product key through its interface. However, you can use the script to retrieve your product key. One commonly used method is via the Windows Command Prompt with a simple script:

1. Using Command Prompt:
      • Press Windows + X and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" or "Windows PowerShell (Admin)" from the menu.
      • Type the following command and press Enter:

• This command should display your product key. If it doesn't, it's possible that your Windows installation doesn't store the key in a retrievable format (this can happen with digital licenses upgraded from Windows 10).
    It's important to clarify that there isn't a manual process for adding a Windows product key directly to your Microsoft account through account settings. The linking process is automatic upon activation with a Microsoft account signed in on an activated Windows 11 system. The purpose of linking is primarily for ease of reactivation in case of significant hardware changes, not for key management or storage.

Since your Windows states "Windows is activated" without specifying it's linked to your Microsoft account and the 'Troubleshoot' option isn't available, it suggests your system is already activated, but the link to your Microsoft account isn't established due to some anomaly.

Given these circumstances and the steps you've already taken, your best course of action is to:

1. Contact Microsoft Support: Since the standard procedures haven't resolved your issue, reaching out to Microsoft Support directly is advisable. They can provide specific assistance for activation issues and may offer a solution to ensure your digital license is properly linked to your Microsoft account. Be prepared to provide details about your Windows 11 upgrade and your Microsoft account.
    2. Keep a Record: Once you retrieve your full product key using one of the methods above, keep a record of it in a secure location. Although the product key itself may not need to be manually added to your Microsoft account, having it on hand can be useful for support purposes or future reference.
    If your system is already activated (which seems to be the case), your primary concern should be ensuring you can reactivate Windows if needed, such as after significant hardware changes. Microsoft Support can guide you on ensuring your activation status remains intact and troubleshoot any issues with linking to your Microsoft account.

Derrick19 - MSFT, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Windows 11 Product Keys

Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Product Keys

1. Windows 11 Product Keys - Similar Threads - Product Keys

2. product key - no confirmation email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key - no confirmation email: I recently built a PC and installed windows 11 but needed a product key to activate it. I brought the digital software through microsoft and after purchasing it told me i’d receive a confirmation email with my product key. The next page showed me my product key but refreshed...
  3. product key - no confirmation email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key - no confirmation email: I recently built a PC and installed windows 11 but needed a product key to activate it. I brought the digital software through microsoft and after purchasing it told me i’d receive a confirmation email with my product key. The next page showed me my product key but refreshed...
  4. now i need to activate my windows, but they need to input product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    now i need to activate my windows, but they need to input product key: Split from this thread. i need windows 8.1 serial key to activate my windowsDid you ever buy Windows 8.1, or did it come preinstalled on your Computer years ago?i am not sure, because i have bought this PC since 11 years ago at my last friend,and i did not found my DVD to...
  5. now i need to activate my windows, but they need to input product key

now i need to activate my windows, but they need to input product key: Split from this thread. i need windows 8.1 serial key to activate my windowsDid you ever buy Windows 8.1, or did it come preinstalled on your Computer years ago?i am not sure, because i have bought this PC since 11 years ago at my last friend,and i did not found my DVD to...
  6. I ordered Windows 11 download and didn't copy the product key and never got a confirmation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ordered Windows 11 download and didn't copy the product key and never got a confirmation...: I ordered Windows 11 download and didn't copy the product key and never got a confirmation email. In my account it shows I bought the copy, but no license is provided. I am trying to use it in Parallel on a Mac and can't login to my MS account through Parallel and can't...
  7. I ordered Windows 11 download and didn't copy the product key and never got a confirmation...

I ordered Windows 11 download and didn't copy the product key and never got a confirmation...: I ordered Windows 11 download and didn't copy the product key and never got a confirmation email. In my account it shows I bought the copy, but no license is provided. I am trying to use it in Parallel on a Mac and can't login to my MS account through Parallel and can't...
  8. I want to activate windows 7 but I lost my product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to activate windows 7 but I lost my product key?: I am trying to activate Windows 7 which I had to reload after a computer failure. I have an old product key that says is not active. So how can I get it activated?...
  9. I want to activate windows 7 but I lost my product key?

I want to activate windows 7 but I lost my product key?: I am trying to activate Windows 7 which I had to reload after a computer failure. I have an old product key that says is not active. So how can I get it activated?...
  10. Windows 11 Product key not received on email

Windows 11 Product key not received on email: Greetings Team,I recently installed Windows 11 Pro on a new computer with a Microsoft online account login. I purchased the license from the Microsoft website, and the order history confirms the purchase. However, the order doesn’t include a product key, and I haven’t...