Windows 10: Windows 11 Public Documents taking lots of space

Discus and support Windows 11 Public Documents taking lots of space in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a user running out of disk space. When we check the Storage it shows C:\Users\Public\Documents taking up 56 GB. But when we open the folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Danny Fuen, May 10, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Public Documents taking lots of space

I have a user running out of disk space. When we check the Storage it shows C:\Users\Public\Documents taking up 56 GB. But when we open the folder and view the properties it only shows 1.10GB being used. I have turned on hidden files and folder and there are no folders taking up more than 1GB. I also checked the users public folder setting and it is not turned on to share public folder. Has anyone ever seen this issue? Or have suggestions.

:)

Danny Fuen, May 10, 2022

2. c:\users\public\public documents\xxxxx

robocopy "c:\users\public\public documents\foldername"

robocopy "c:\users\public\documents\foldername"

In your report you left out some essential details, e.g.

• Does the folder c:\users\public\public documents exist?
    • Is it a physical folder or a symbolic link?
    • What is the error message generated by robocopy?

Frederik Long, May 10, 2022
  3. cannot find public documents folder in Windows 10

Good day,

On Windows Explorer in Windows 7, the 'Public Documents' folder is listed under 'Libraries\Documents'. The 'Public Documents' folder is not listed at all on the Navigation column in Windows 10.

Is there a way to configure in Windows 10 to show Public Documents folder in the navigation column?

Thank you.

ganwilliam, May 10, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Public Documents taking lots of space

Public documents sharing

My question is how do other computers see it as homegroup window does not list public folders?

I know how to put files into public it is the next step that I am not understanding in setting up the network/computers etc to see the public folders.

I have spent a day trying to understand/working out how to do this it is not obvious as the homegroup page only shows library folders that I do not want to share.

So how do I get the homegroup to show public folders?

peterprewett, May 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Public Documents taking lots of space

1. Windows 11 Public Documents taking lots of space - Similar Threads - Public Documents taking

2. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  3. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  4. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  5. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  6. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space: Hello,I recently installed the 22H2 version of Windows 11 on my Dell laptop.Right after the update everything seemed fine, but a couple of days after I realized most of the storage was being filled up I have a 225 GB SSD.After checking the disk I realized now the OS files...
  8. Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space

Windows 11 update takes up a lot of storage space: Hello,I recently installed the 22H2 version of Windows 11 on my Dell laptop.Right after the update everything seemed fine, but a couple of days after I realized most of the storage was being filled up I have a 225 GB SSD.After checking the disk I realized now the OS files...
  9. Windows 11 Public Documents taking lots of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Public Documents taking lots of space: I have a user running out of disk space. When we check the Storage it shows C:\Users\Public\Documents taking up 56 GB. But when we open the folder and view the properties it only shows 1.10GB being used. I have turned on hidden files and folder and there are no folders taking...
  10. My laptop is taking a lot of space but I don’t know what is taking said space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is taking a lot of space but I don’t know what is taking said space: I wanted to update a game of mine but I don’t have enough storage left (after some playing around I went from 9,8GB free space to 16,8GB, so at least that) when I look into the storage overview it says that my apps&features take 174GB, but once I look into the details, the...