Windows 10: Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2

Discus and support Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After installing wsl 2 all the paths in any console show up as linux paths, and it's not finding stuff and causing issues with Visual StudioIs there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by C_Casalicchio, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2

After installing wsl 2 all the paths in any console show up as linux paths, and it's not finding stuff and causing issues with Visual StudioIs there a way to fix this?

:)

C_Casalicchio, Oct 23, 2021

2. Issues while installing Windows Subsystem for Linux 2

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while installing Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 on your PC. I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

I would suggest you to refer the section Set a distro to be backed by WSL 2 using the command line from the article

Installation Instructions for WSL 2
    and see if that helps.

However, since the issue is related to Windows Subsystem for Linux, I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge to assist you with the query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2

New Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 2 Linux kernel to Windows 10

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...-linux-kernel/

How to Update from WSL to WSL 2 in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2

1. Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2 - Similar Threads - reads paths linux

2. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  4. arch linux installation failed in wsl.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    arch linux installation failed in wsl.: I was trying to install arch in wsl.I downloaded arch.zip from github.then i double pressed the arch.exe and it started to installing.But suddenly load-shedding happen and my pc turned off.after a few seconds when i again trying to install arch then it gives me this...
  5. arch linux installation failed in wsl.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    arch linux installation failed in wsl.: I was trying to install arch in wsl.I downloaded arch.zip from github.then i double pressed the arch.exe and it started to installing.But suddenly load-shedding happen and my pc turned off.after a few seconds when i again trying to install arch then it gives me this...
  6. Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2: After installing wsl 2 all the paths in any console show up as linux paths, and it's not finding stuff and causing issues with Visual StudioIs there a way to fix this?...
  7. New Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 2 Linux kernel to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 2 Linux kernel to Windows 10: Note: This blog post is co-authored by the awesome WSL dev Pierre Boulay. Thanks Pierre! We’ve just shipped the 5.10.16.3 WSL 2 Linux kernel version to Windows Insiders which brings exciting new changes: Support for the LUKS disk encryption, and some...
  8. Kali Linux on Windows in 5min (WSL 2 GUI)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kali Linux on Windows in 5min (WSL 2 GUI): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scadonl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iq8t11/kali_linux_on_windows_in_5min_wsl_2_gui/
  9. Compile FFMPEG on WSL 2 Linux and link it to Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Compile FFMPEG on WSL 2 Linux and link it to Windows: I compile FFMPEG from source built with CUDA support in Linux. Now I want to link the compiled FFMPEG in WSL 2 Ubuntu to Windows so that Windows can detect FFMPEG CUDA. Is it possible to do that?...
  10. New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10: Today we’re unveiling the newest architecture for the Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL 2! Changes in this new architecture will allow for: dramatic file system performance increases, and full system call compatibility, meaning you can run more Linux apps in WSL 2 such as...