Windows 10: Windows 11 Recovery options after a crash with File History and OneDrive

Discus and support Windows 11 Recovery options after a crash with File History and OneDrive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What are the Windows 11 Recovery options after a crash if you use File History or OneDrive backup?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MSN BillFee, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Recovery options after a crash with File History and OneDrive

What are the Windows 11 Recovery options after a crash if you use File History or OneDrive backup?

:)

MSN BillFee, Oct 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 20, 2021
  3. S.D.K Win User
    File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Oct 20, 2021
  4. S.D.K Win User

Windows 11 Recovery options after a crash with File History and OneDrive

File History & OneDrive on Demand

After installing the Fall Creators update my File History backup no longer backs up all my Onedrive files. In particular, any Onedrive files marked as "on demand" are not backed up.

Is there some way around this? This seems a pretty serious issue to have an incomplete backup when I was expecting a complete backup!

Note: some similar questions suggested checking the file system, resetting Onedrive etc. which I have done with no change.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

S.D.K, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Recovery options after a crash with File History and OneDrive

1. Windows 11 Recovery options after a crash with File History and OneDrive - Similar Threads - Recovery options crash

2. file history recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file history recovery: Himy laptop was stolen, i was using filehistory as a backupwhen i tried to recover the backup i messed up, and stopped the process, and for what i read in this forums this is a crucial point, cause i believe the system rewrites the config files on the backupat this point im...
  3. file history recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file history recovery: Himy laptop was stolen, i was using filehistory as a backupwhen i tried to recover the backup i messed up, and stopped the process, and for what i read in this forums this is a crucial point, cause i believe the system rewrites the config files on the backupat this point im...
  4. Interrupted File History Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interrupted File History Recovery: About halfway through a huge recovery action started to restore my files, the system rebooted for some unknown reason. I seem to only be able to start over. Will this create duplicate files of the ones that had been recovered the first time? Is there any way to avoid that or...
  5. Interrupted File History Recovery

Interrupted File History Recovery: About halfway through a huge recovery action started to restore my files, the system rebooted for some unknown reason. I seem to only be able to start over. Will this create duplicate files of the ones that had been recovered the first time? Is there any way to avoid that or...
  6. Windows 11 Recovery options after a crash with File History and OneDrive

Windows 11 Recovery options after a crash with File History and OneDrive: What are the Windows 11 Recovery options after a crash if you use File History or OneDrive backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-recovery-options-after-a-crash-with/e97b2c6c-e7d1-4410-b534-065fd93aab8c
  7. File history options disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    File history options disappeared: I used to have a big button I could click to back up my data, but it completely disappeared and when I click "Configure File History settings" nothing happens. There's no option to create a new backup, and there's no button to manually back up my data. My backup drive is...
  8. File History options disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File History options disappeared: [ATTACH] I used to have a big button I could click to back up my data, but it completely disappeared and when I click "Configure File History settings" nothing happens. There's no option to create a new backup, and there's no button to manually back up my data. My backup...
  9. OneDrive file recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive file recovery: i had to do a reinstall of Win 10 from a USB stick because I couldn't get any updates to work. I did not expect wasn't warned that it would delete the contents of my OneDrive files. Is there any way I can recover them? - Theywere the back-up....
  10. File History Backup Options

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Backup Options: Hi, I have a two part question. First, I turned on File History the first of the month, set the 'Back up my files' to daily and it now reports that the last backup was on 5/9/2016, about a week after I set it up, and viewing the data seems to support that, nothing dated...