Windows 10: Windows 11 recycle bin and downloads files doesn't auto delete even when stricly set to do it

Discus and support Windows 11 recycle bin and downloads files doesn't auto delete even when stricly set to do it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I want to automatically delete files in my recycle bin and in download folder. I have it set in Storage Sense to 30 days in recycle bin and 14... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vlada818, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Vlada818 Win User

Windows 11 recycle bin and downloads files doesn't auto delete even when stricly set to do it

Hello, I want to automatically delete files in my recycle bin and in download folder. I have it set in Storage Sense to 30 days in recycle bin and 14 days in downloads, but it doesn't do anything, I have nearly year old deleted files in my recycle bin and also year old files in downloads. It seems like that in recycle bin it works only on primary hard drive files, but not on files that were deleted from my secondary hard drive, but I don't exacly know if it's the case. My downloads is also located only on secondary hard drive, so maybe it only works on primary hard drive. Is there anything I c

:)

Vlada818, Feb 26, 2022
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 26, 2022
  3. delete downloads and empty the recycle bin

Simple!

• To delete all downloads: Open the Downloads folder, then delete the lot.
    • To empty the Recycle Bin: Right-click it, then left-click "Empty Recycle Bin"
    There is a lot of power in right-clicks!

Frederik Long, Feb 26, 2022
  4. JG914 Win User

Windows 11 recycle bin and downloads files doesn't auto delete even when stricly set to do it

Stop auto-empty of Recycle Bin

"Empty Recycle Bin" is grayed out when I right click on it.

I checked with Norton - the support person said their security program does not auto-empty the bin.

This is a brand new machine so I doubt insufficient space is the issue since the files I have deleted so far are small.

I appreciate your suggestions - next steps? Ideas?

JG914, Feb 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 recycle bin and downloads files doesn't auto delete even when stricly set to do it - Similar Threads - recycle bin downloads

2. Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.: When I drag an item to the recycle bin, I am asked I selected the option if I want it permanently deleted. I checked the properties of the bin and for the local disk, I selected 'Custom size' instead of 'Don't move files to Recycle bin. Remove file immediately when deleted'...
  3. Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.: When I drag an item to the recycle bin, I am asked I selected the option if I want it permanently deleted. I checked the properties of the bin and for the local disk, I selected 'Custom size' instead of 'Don't move files to Recycle bin. Remove file immediately when deleted'...
  4. Recycle bin automatically deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin automatically deleting files: Running Windows 8.1 - How do I stop the Recycle Bin from automatically deleting the items in case I want to restore a deleted file? The deleted files used to stay in the Recycle Bin until I deleted them. Now, a deleted file doesn't even make it to the Recycle Bin, it just...
  5. Deleted files from recycle bin

Deleted files from recycle bin: Somehow, I did not do it, emptied the recycle bin with files I wanted to recover later. Is there a way to get those files back? I use the Recuva from CCleaner and it can't find them. Says I have a Harddisk Volume2 that's unable to determine file system type...don't know what...
  6. Windows 11 recycle bin and downloads files doesn't auto delete even when stricly set to do it

Windows 11 recycle bin and downloads files doesn't auto delete even when stricly set to do it: Hello, I want to automatically delete files in my recycle bin and in download folder. I have it set in Storage Sense to 30 days in recycle bin and 14 days in downloads, but it doesn't do anything, I have nearly year old deleted files in my recycle bin and also year old files...
  7. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  8. WIN 10 RECYCLE BIN AUTO DELETE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIN 10 RECYCLE BIN AUTO DELETE: I have a new Win 10 computer with plenty of hard drive space available 1.64 TB free!, and the Storage Sense is off and 'delete files in recycle bin' is set to "never', but every few days it empties automatically see below. Is there another setting somewhere else that causes...
  9. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  10. recycle bin and deleting certain files

recycle bin and deleting certain files: I like to keep my deleted files for a month or so before I delete entirely. Since I've had W10, I've found the Recycle Bin does not work properly. I've worked around it but I'm sick of it and would like the damn thing to work as it should. At the beginning of every month,...