Windows 10: Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program

Discus and support Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using a RemoteAPP program on my client. When I open a RemoteApp program the window popups behind other program windows. I am using windows 11. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roger Azizian, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program

I am using a RemoteAPP program on my client. When I open a RemoteApp program the window popups behind other program windows. I am using windows 11. I was able to fix this issue on several windows 10 computers by going to RegEdit and changing the value for ForegroundLockTimeout to 0. When I tried solution on the computer with windows 11, it did not work.

:)

Roger Azizian, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Ecosafety Win User

Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on Windows 10 clients

Hello,

in my company we have published a third party Application as RemoteApp that is used by some Windows 10 clients with different OS builds (currently 1803 and 1809);

We are experiencing a critical problem using this RemoteApp on the clients: when the program opens a popup window, this popup remains hidden behind the main window and so the program becomes unusable because doesn't respond anymore to the click of the user.

In this way the program is totally useless.
    By reading some forums, we have already tried to disable the Use advanced RemoteFX graphics for RemoteApp group policy setting on the RD Session Host Server, and then setting to 0 the registry key
    ForegroundLockTimeout under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.

What we can do to make this program working as RemoteApp? Any available workaround?

Thanks in Advance

Ecosafety, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Ecosafety Win User
    Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on Windows 10 clients

Hello,

in my company we have published a third party Application as RemoteApp that is used by some Windows 10 clients with different OS builds (currently 1803 and 1809);

We are experiencing a critical problem using this RemoteApp on the clients: when the program opens a popup window, this popup remains hidden behind the main window and so the program becomes unusable because doesn't respond anymore to the click of the user.

In this way the program is totally useless.

By reading some forums, we have already tried to disable the Use advanced RemoteFX graphics for RemoteApp group policy setting on the RD Session Host Server, and then setting to 0 the registry key
    ForegroundLockTimeout under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.

What we can do to make this program working as RemoteApp? Any available workaround?

Thanks in Advance

Ecosafety, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading the program list (It never even starts displaying any programs) and I believe it may be that a uninstall program messed up completely and Windows can't figure out what programs are installed because of it. What is the problem? Please?

ventusignis, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program

1. Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program - Similar Threads - RemoteApp program pop

2. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  3. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  4. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program: I am using a RemoteAPP program on my client. When I open a RemoteApp program the window popups behind other program windows. I am using windows 11. I was able to fix this issue on several windows 10 computers by going to RegEdit and changing the value for...
  6. how to run a program in background, hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to run a program in background, hidden: Hi all, I have an issue struggling me on my laptop. It seems I can't disable sleep/hibernation in any way. No chances, tried lots of things. Now I would like to try launching a small something, hidden (not to disturb or bother everything I'm doing), in background. Someone...
  7. how to run a program in background, hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    how to run a program in background, hidden: Hi all, I have an issue struggling me on my laptop. It seems I can't disable sleep/hibernation in any way. No chances, tried lots of things. Now I would like to try launching a small something, hidden (not to disturb or bother everything I'm doing), in background. Someone...
  8. Force One Program To Run Behind Another

in Windows 10 Support
    Force One Program To Run Behind Another: I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error message and often displays in fullscreen, all of which is very clunky. I'm looking for a way to force Cortana to always run...
  9. Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on...: Hello, in my company we have published a third party Application as RemoteApp that is used by some Windows 10 clients with different OS builds (currently 1803 and 1809); We are experiencing a critical problem using this RemoteApp on the clients: when the program opens a...
  10. Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Popup windows hidden behind main window in RemoteApp programs from Windows Server 2016 on...: Hello, in my company we have published a third party Application as RemoteApp that is used by some Windows 10 clients with different OS builds (currently 1803 and 1809); We are experiencing a critical problem using this RemoteApp on the clients: when the program opens a popup...